Anyone with Golden Sun2?

Tetsuo Shima wrote:

> I'm having code entry problems.

I do.

It worked fine here. Make sure you write it down correctly before
putting it in the GBA. "&" sometimes looks like 8.

Not to mention the small and large caps.

"Adnan" <bekat@sympatico.ca> wrote in message
> Tetsuo Shima wrote:
> >
> > I'm having code entry problems.
>
> I do.
>
> It worked fine here. Make sure you write it down correctly before
> putting it in the GBA. "&" sometimes looks like 8.
>
> Not to mention the small and large caps.

That isn't the problem, (should've explained before.)

I can enter the code correctly, but it's the fact that the manual says to
enter it one way, but you have to do it another.

This is what "I" have to do to enter it..... 1: enter code until it say
"accepted", then I have to press "a" to enter it, (then it comes up with the
Issac rename screen, which incidentaly the manual says it's been cancelled
if that screen comes up.) 2: then the stats screen comes up and there are
only two buttons that exit from that, "b" and "start". I tried pressing "b"
before, but nothing happened, on hindsight I reacon that cancelled it. So
does "start" actually accept it?

The manual is so bloody vague about it, it really doesn't help.

Tia

On Thu, 15 Jul 2004 19:02:18 +0100, "Tetsuo Shima" <Tetsuoshima@hotmail.com>
wrote:

>"Adnan" <bekat@sympatico.ca> wrote in message
>> Tetsuo Shima wrote:
>> >
>> > I'm having code entry problems.
>>
>> I do.
>>
>> It worked fine here. Make sure you write it down correctly before
>> putting it in the GBA. "&" sometimes looks like 8.
>>
>> Not to mention the small and large caps.
>
>That isn't the problem, (should've explained before.)
>
>I can enter the code correctly, but it's the fact that the manual says to
>enter it one way, but you have to do it another.
>
>This is what "I" have to do to enter it..... 1: enter code until it say
>"accepted", then I have to press "a" to enter it, (then it comes up with the
>Issac rename screen, which incidentaly the manual says it's been cancelled
>if that screen comes up.) 2: then the stats screen comes up and there are
>only two buttons that exit from that, "b" and "start". I tried pressing "b"
>before, but nothing happened, on hindsight I reacon that cancelled it. So
>does "start" actually accept it?
>
>The manual is so bloody vague about it, it really doesn't help.
>
>Tia

I think several people found this confusing (I know I did). Despite what the
manual says, entering the rename screen _shouldn't_ cancel the transfer.

(Some spoilers)

Although you don't get to see the GS1 party until quite a long way through
GS:TLA, there are ways of checking that the transfer has worked before it's too
late, see below.

(mild spoilers first: a less vague, more spoilery version further down)

The first "special event" in GS1 that carries over to GS:TLA is triggered by
talking to the Mayor of Vault in GS1 to discover that the bandits have escaped.
Assuming you did this before you got the password, then you can check that the
transfer worked reasonably early.

The event this triggers occurs shortly after you get your fourth GS:TLA party
member. If you save your soon after this happens in a "spare" slot, then you
can proceed to check the transfer. If it DIDN'T work, you can use UPDATE on
the saved game.

Having got the fourth member, the "natural" story will take you back into a
town you've previously visited; when you leave, the bandits from GS1 will
appear, looking for revenge. If this DOESN'T happen, then either you didn't
talk to the Mayor in GS1, or the transfer hasn't worked.

(more explicit version....... spoilers.....)

Your fourth member is Piers, who you eventually joins in Kibombo (although you
see him beforehand). After dealing with a statue there, you should head back
across the Gondowan cliffs, back towards Madra. Make sure you save before you
reenter Madra, so you can do UPDATE if the transfer hasn't worked. As you
leave Madra (probably after doing the catacombs), then the bandits should
appear.

Regards,

> I think several people found this confusing (I know I did). Despite what
the
> manual says, entering the rename screen _shouldn't_ cancel the transfer.
>

> (Some spoilers)
>

> Although you don't get to see the GS1 party until quite a long way through
> GS:TLA, there are ways of checking that the transfer has worked before
it's too
> late, see below.
>

> (mild spoilers first: a less vague, more spoilery version further down)
>

> The first "special event" in GS1 that carries over to GS:TLA is triggered
by
> talking to the Mayor of Vault in GS1 to discover that the bandits have
escaped.
> Assuming you did this before you got the password, then you can check that
the
> transfer worked reasonably early.
>
> The event this triggers occurs shortly after you get your fourth GS:TLA
party
> member. If you save your soon after this happens in a "spare" slot, then
you
> can proceed to check the transfer. If it DIDN'T work, you can use UPDATE
on
> the saved game.
>
> Having got the fourth member, the "natural" story will take you back into
> town you've previously visited; when you leave, the bandits from GS1 will
> appear, looking for revenge. If this DOESN'T happen, then either you
didn't
> talk to the Mayor in GS1, or the transfer hasn't worked.
>

> (more explicit version....... spoilers.....)
>

> Your fourth member is Piers, who you eventually joins in Kibombo (although
you
> see him beforehand). After dealing with a statue there, you should head
back
> across the Gondowan cliffs, back towards Madra. Make sure you save before
you
> reenter Madra, so you can do UPDATE if the transfer hasn't worked. As you
> leave Madra (probably after doing the catacombs), then the bandits should
> appear.
>
> Regards,
> Graham Holden (g-holden AT dircon DOT co DOT uk)
> --
> There are 10 types of people in the world;
> those that understand binary and those that don't.

Cheers for that, that'll come in very handy. I'm at the end of the game
anyway, tried to enter the code in before the meeting of the other four but
it didn't work, (presumably to the fact I cancelled it by pressing "b" on
the stats screen after successfully entering the code.)

Is it the "start" button that actually enters it?

Cheers again,

Daz