Help?

Hello,
first time doing this... :P anyways, im having issues with my cpu score on 3d mark vantage. i have an i7 processor (stock speeds) and a ud3r rev. 1.7. motherboard and 6 gb ocz ram. my cpu scores only about 19500 while i have a friend that , with the same motherboard , except rev 3.0 about the same in ram and the same i7 950 processor and his cpu score on 3d mark vantage is around 45000 ( also stock speeds ) i just dont know how his are so much higher than mine and we basically have the same components!
5 answers Last reply
More about help
  1. does that mean that there is something wrong with my setup? forgotten drivers? bios updates? anything?
  2. we both have i7 950's
  3. games do work differently! He has a nvidia geforce gts460 and his games chop a lot less than mine do and i have a hd6970 :P upon installing my videocard i did a fresh windows 7 pro install and installed the latest drivers for my videocard aswell.
  4. yes same res. i tried updating the bios and it gave me this cant run on this version windows 7 error message. i brought my computer in today to my friends computer shop where we did some testing on it. he put in a i7 960 to run some tests, but it didnt make much difference. Hes thinking the motherboard might be at fault. But i still think that some kind of setting or update can do the trick... im just stuck haha
  5. well i finally got around to it, i send my MB to gigabyte on monday so im really hoping to hear a response either at the end of this week or sometime into the early next week. The thing is i have an ex58ud3r but i dont think they make those anymore, so i might get erally lucky and get an x58aud3r which is a really nice upgrade! Unlike the ex58ud3r the x58aud3r comes equipped with one more pcie slot for 3 way sli or xfire, usb3, sata 3, and support for 2200mhz ddr3. So in other words, let the hoping begin lol
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Vantage CPUs Motherboards Graphics