Sign in with
Your question

Crysis 2 graphical glitches?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
March 12, 2011 2:32:35 AM

I have a brand-new MSI 560 Ti, and while I'm playing Crysis 2, I sometimes see these weird blue artefacts that I don't understand. The card itself is at stock, and the temperature at 1080p HARDCORE detail levels, does not go over 52 degrees celcius (which is fairly cool). I've posted some pictures, but something about them makes me question whether they are a graphical glitch owing to the drivers, or whether the card is faulty.

Here are the screenshots: http://tinypic.com/r/2a7h5bk/7

You may have to click the picture to make it bigger, the spots are right in the middle of the crosshair. There are two images.

Thanks!
a c 141 U Graphics card
March 12, 2011 5:00:32 AM

nah. your rig are fine. that thing is not artifact. that blue dot comes from the game icon though i do not know what does it represent in the game since i've only play the demo for short while just to check out how well crysis 2 are.
March 12, 2011 10:09:16 AM

I'm not sure. They show up everywhere, even on top of the gun model. They're transparent. I tried to run at one, and try to collect it, but they are not in perspective with the rest of the game. It does look like a simliar icon to the loading indicator, however. Thanks for your help! Maybe the full-version won't have this problem, but no one else seems to have seen what we're talking about either.
March 18, 2011 5:10:52 AM

chispas said:
I have a brand-new MSI 560 Ti, and while I'm playing Crysis 2, I sometimes see these weird blue artefacts that I don't understand. The card itself is at stock, and the temperature at 1080p HARDCORE detail levels, does not go over 52 degrees celcius (which is fairly cool). I've posted some pictures, but something about them makes me question whether they are a graphical glitch owing to the drivers, or whether the card is faulty.

Here are the screenshots: http://tinypic.com/r/2a7h5bk/7

You may have to click the picture to make it bigger, the spots are right in the middle of the crosshair. There are two images.

Thanks!

Those blue dots are from when someone has cast a hologram from there gun which has a blue dot on it to show friendly units that it is a hologram but for some reason when the hologram disappears the blue dots remain until another hologram has been cast
!