Status
Not open for further replies.

santaclaws490

Distinguished
Jul 31, 2011
I am building my first PC and I have come to an impasse. Whether to go with the AMD BE CPU coupled with a powerful MOBO that would allow for an easy CPU upgrade (potentially to a bulldozer) or to go with the i5 coupled with a satisfactory MOBO? I see more future benefits going with the amd option, as I am not playing Crysis 2 or any other demanding video source game would I really need an i5 for the near future? Additionally I will not be OC'ing till later on. Although Price/Performance is better for the i5 I feel that future proofing a MOBO is more important than future proofing a CPU. I will be going with the 6850 as well.

thanks

Solution
If budgets a consideration then AMD is the way,
especially as you say with BD on the horizon,
however for instant no money barred results now, the 2500k is the chip of choice for discerning gamers,
depending on your resolution, the 6950 2Gb may be a longerlasting investment card,
but ideally, you want to hang around the homebuild section and read the various posts on the subject there, its also where you should post your prospective builds, more people can see them and comment/help
fill in the form from here and read the rest, handy tips all round hehe
http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/288241-13-read-posting-buyer-guides-troubleshooting
hope this helps,
Moto
If budgets a consideration then AMD is the way,
especially as you say with BD on the horizon,
however for instant no money barred results now, the 2500k is the chip of choice for discerning gamers,
depending on your resolution, the 6950 2Gb may be a longerlasting investment card,
but ideally, you want to hang around the homebuild section and read the various posts on the subject there, its also where you should post your prospective builds, more people can see them and comment/help
fill in the form from here and read the rest, handy tips all round hehe
http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/288241-13-read-posting-buyer-guides-troubleshooting
hope this helps,
Moto

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.