Sign in with
Your question

Advice and suggestions needed For system upgrade

Last response: in Systems
May 21, 2011 7:35:43 PM

Hi guys
I am planning to upgrade my current PC which is almost 4 years old.The budget is $350 to $500 for a new processor,motherboard,RAM,Graphics Card.
(*I am planning to use it for gaming and playing HD videos.)
1) Please suggest the specs that will suit me & well within the budget. (*I will love to buy a 20'' LCD or a good sound system if some money is leftover . Not very imp )
2)If I were to take i3 2100 which motherboard will maximise the best performance of the processor & computer as whole.
3)If I were to take i3 2100,a H67 motherboard,DDR3 1600Mhz which graphics card(1 Gb) will best suit me.
4)***Heard rumours that i3 causes overheating and gradually damages the MOBO.Is it True?
5) Please compare amd equivalents. (as Budget matters) 7)Is there any decent less expensive way to cool the relativily warm PC room.(natural ways are also welcome.)

7)To what comfortable extend can I overclock i3 or i5 or equivalent processors.
8)Is overclocking safe?
9)What are the decent cooling methods for processor and graphics card.
10)What line of casing will best suit me?

I need quick suggestions ASAP.Thanks in advance.
May 21, 2011 8:16:49 PM

Hi guys
I am planning to upgrade my current PC which is almost 4 years old.The budget is $350 to $500 for a new processor,motherboard,RAM,Graphics Card.
(*I am planning to use it for gaming and playing HD videos.)
1) Please suggest the specs that will suit me & well within the budget. (*I will love to buy a 20'' LCD or a good sound system if some money is leftover . Not very imp )
2)If I were to take i3 2100 which motherboard will maximise the best performance of the processor & computer as whole.
3)If I were to take i3 2100,a H67 motherboard,DDR3 1600Mhz which graphics card(1 Gb) will best suit me.
4)***Heard rumours that i3 causes overheating and gradually damages the MOBO.Is it True?
5) Please compare amd equivalents. (as Budget matters) 7)Is there any decent less expensive way to cool the relativily warm PC room.(natural ways are also welcome.)

7)To what comfortable extend can I overclock i3 or i5 or equivalent processors.
8)Is overclocking safe?
9)What are the decent cooling methods for processor and graphics card.
10)What line of casing will best suit me?

I need quick suggestions ASAP.Thanks in advance.
Related resources
a b U Graphics card
a b V Motherboard
May 22, 2011 4:27:33 AM

Please fill out the build advice form in my signature. We'll need to know what exact parts you currently have.
a b U Graphics card
a b V Motherboard
May 22, 2011 4:28:45 AM

This next topics has been merged by Jbakerlent
  • Help answer 10 questions?

You have created no less than 5 duplicate threads. Continuing to spam the forum will result in further moderation.
    !