Asus p8z77-v pro bios settings?

destroyer432

Honorable
Mar 13, 2012
I just built my own custom gaming pc. The motherboard i used was the asus p8z77-v pro. Well everything seems fine and works fine but i didnt change one single setting in the bios except boot order because i dont know what i need to change. I read the manual and the default settings on most things seemed fine but im far from an expert. What i am worried about is the graphics settings. I have a gtx 680 installed and it is recognized and seems to be working fine. When i went to bios it said the graphics setting was on auto, is that okay? I also have the i7 3770k with the HD 4000 graphics which seems to be disabled. Basically i am just wondering what i need to change in the bios? can someone PLEASEEEEE help me out? im worried

Solution
Set the memory to X.M.P. in the AI Overclock Tuner area. The BIOS will "read" your memory, and set it by itself.

You can disable the onboard iGPU, unless you installed Lucid Virtu MAX, then you have to enable iGPU multi-Monitor in the System Agent Configuration area.

Disable any Onboard Devices that you won't use, to save resources: ie. WiFi, VIA 1394 (Firewire), the added ASM1061 SATA controller (use the native Intel SATA ports!), and Serial Port.

you have it about right if you dont over clock. there not much to change in the factory bios on a new build.
for video the setting for auto means that if the nvidia video card has an issue at post it fall over to the onboard video.if you not want to ever use the onboard video you can switch that setting. the only other two settings to look at are the sata ports. (are the set to ide or achi) they should be set to achi mode. the last setting is ram speed. you did not post the spec or speed of your ram. most 1600 ram on new mb sometime default to 1333 in till xmp profile is sellected in the bios.

destroyer432

Honorable
Mar 13, 2012

I have 1866 Ram i think. What do i set it on??? by the way thanks so much for helping me.

Set the memory to X.M.P. in the AI Overclock Tuner area. The BIOS will "read" your memory, and set it by itself.

You can disable the onboard iGPU, unless you installed Lucid Virtu MAX, then you have to enable iGPU multi-Monitor in the System Agent Configuration area.

Disable any Onboard Devices that you won't use, to save resources: ie. WiFi, VIA 1394 (Firewire), the added ASM1061 SATA controller (use the native Intel SATA ports!), and Serial Port.

Solution

destroyer432

Honorable
Mar 13, 2012

I didnt see a XMP option but i saw an "auto" option which i used. I dont understand anything you said in the second paragraph because i dont know much about IGPU or Lucid Virtu

cyrus-the-great

Distinguished
Oct 11, 2011
realy??!! it dosen't support XMP??!! but I think every Hyper X memory support xmp option!!!
in the explanation of ram company mentioned it has 2 profile I think it means it support it.
right now my machine is working well in 1600MHz.

cyrus-the-great

Distinguished
Oct 11, 2011
ohhhh my god I think I got the answer see it mentioned in the site of company:
[Compatible with Intel XMP auto-overclocking function (available with selected models) and Core i3 processors.]
I think it work especialy with i3 cpus!!!!! such a nonsense ram!!!!!!!!
is it possible?

What RAM do u have now? Post the picture if u can.

Use CPU-Z to find out @ http://www.cpuid.com/softwares/cpu-z.html

20120708130753.png