Sign in with
Your question

Cannot Install EasyTune6!

Last response: in Motherboards
May 4, 2012 2:41:49 AM

Hello all. I have a GA-970A-UD3 motherboard, and am looking into controlling system fan speed as my pc sounds WAY too loud when not idling. (i know this could be a problem with my case, but i just want to make sure).

anyways, to install easytune6 from the motherboard install disk, i must first have removed ALL traces of EasyTune6 that i must have had installed at one point. I am finding this extremely difficult to do.

I ran a file check and it says there is ONE remaining easytune6 file (and no it is not in the registry) can anyone please help??

More about : install easytune6

a c 328 V Motherboard
May 4, 2012 4:40:37 AM

Try to run CCleaner.

m
l
a c 328 V Motherboard
May 4, 2012 4:41:07 AM

BTW, how did u uninstall it?
m
l
Related resources
May 4, 2012 5:25:20 AM

Installed CCleaner but i don't understand.... Can it search for a apecific phrase? How does it know what to look for?

And also i went to Control Panel --> uninstall a program --> clicked on EasyTune6
Also went through Registry and emptied out everything related (that i could find).

Most frustrating...
m
l
a c 328 V Motherboard
May 4, 2012 6:18:12 AM

First run cleaner button.

Than click on registry on the left and scan for issues. Than click repair.

Post results.
m
l
a c 328 V Motherboard
May 4, 2012 6:19:21 AM

Why Cann't u Install EasyTune6!

What error are u getting?
m
l
May 4, 2012 7:56:51 PM

Okay the error occurs as soon as i click Next on the InstallShield wizard. Without advancing to the next step, a dialog box pops up, exclaiming, "Please remove EasyTune6 first!"

Evidently, i must have had EasyTune6 installed in the past, and deleted it because i didn't see the use for it.

Now, upon attempted re-installation, there is apparently some fragment left that refuses to be found...... So irritating.

Also, wish there was a way to attach pics to this post, so you could see what i see.
m
l
a c 328 V Motherboard
May 4, 2012 8:40:39 PM

Can u look in the process explorer if there is anything ET6 running.
m
l
May 4, 2012 8:57:53 PM

You mean in task manager? Cause yes, i have checked there.
m
l
May 4, 2012 9:01:07 PM

although....hang on. in your previous post, you shortened EasyTune6 to ET6 which made me think maybe searching for ET6 instead might do the trick.

Lo and behold, i found one file title "monitor" but it doesn't look like it has anything to do with the program in question. Here is the filepath for said file:

C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\monitor.inf_amd64_neutral_ab477c4d805d044f

What do you think? I don't want to be deleting stuff without cause, but this could be it!!
m
l
May 4, 2012 10:09:28 PM

Got it installed :)  Now, what do i do?

Also, i know that posting pics would help but, once again, i don't know how.
m
l
December 7, 2012 9:57:04 PM

Shigg715 said:
Got it installed :)  Now, what do i do?

Also, i know that posting pics would help but, once again, i don't know how.

Hey Shigg715,

How did you manage to finally install easy tune 6???
I am having the same problem. thnxs

Mickeyts2403
m
l
!