Sign in with
Your question

Asus M4A77TD problems no cds

Last response: in Motherboards
May 4, 2012 3:15:23 AM

I have this mobo in use in my at home desktop. Prob is I cannot find the cds it came with, was hoping someone had them still around that I could either buy them if you not using them anymore or even borrow themn for a day or 3
May 4, 2012 3:24:01 AM

Do you mean the 770 chipset driver package that comes with the mobo? You can easily download it from the Asus website.
m
l
Related resources
a b V Motherboard
May 4, 2012 3:25:09 AM

Just go Here: http://usa.asus.com/Search/?SearchKey=M4A77TD and identify whether you have the M4A77TD or the M4A77TD PRO. Then you can select the Download tab and get everything that comes on the motherboard CD and more. Also you will be able to get the latest versions of the software, drivers and BIOS that are available for your board.
m
l
May 4, 2012 1:22:48 PM

JKatwyopc said:
Just go Here: http://usa.asus.com/Search/?SearchKey=M4A77TD and identify whether you have the M4A77TD or the M4A77TD PRO. Then you can select the Download tab and get everything that comes on the motherboard CD and more. Also you will be able to get the latest versions of the software, drivers and BIOS that are available for your board.

I guess I just copy a version of all of them trying to keep to the newest date. Question - do I have tp out all these files into an ISO format to burn or can i just copy the files to a cd normal like and burn? Im gonna have to upgrade to wdows7 with a clean format so I wont have drivers for anything.

thanks for your help
Jim
m
l
a c 143 V Motherboard
a b Ĉ ASUS
May 4, 2012 3:48:38 PM

download the chipset the lan the audio the utilities you need and the other apu and the raid if you use it copy that to cd or dvd depending on the size of what you download burn as regular files
m
l
a b V Motherboard
May 5, 2012 4:55:28 AM

You can copy the files and save them any where you want. I always create a directory that I name "Install" or "Install files", whatever makes sense to you is fine. Then I create a subdirectory under that named for the Mobo. That's where I put all of the files that I download from the manufacturers support website. Then, once I have the files downloaded, I uncompress them into the same directory and delete the compressed files to save disk space. Just make sure that the location of the "Install files" directory is not on a hard disk that you intend to repartition or reformat. Putting them on a CD or DVD should work fine.
m
l
May 6, 2012 4:12:53 PM

Great idea! Plus I can do a burned cd the same way for a clean install. I'll look up the drivers for everything I can think of. Seems I saw a way to copy burn my whole os the way it is now in case of a "failure" so I dont have to update everything again.

Question..this mb has the original bios..never upgraded...should I "fix sumthin that aint broke"? lol

thanks again to everyone for their help.
Jim
m
l
a b V Motherboard
May 7, 2012 2:19:41 AM

Windows Backup can create a system image that can be used to completely restore your system in case of a problem. You just have to enable the system image when you configure the backup. I had to use mine recently because I had something go wrong with my network and I kept getting errors saying that more than one device was using my IP Address. Restoring to the most recent system image fixed it.

I always keep my system updated to the latest BIOS. That way I know that my board will work even if I upgrade to the latest CPU. However, it is very important that you understand what you are doing when you upgrade the BIOS. If the update goes wrong it could brick your motherboard and you will have to get a new, preprogrammed BIOS chip at the very least to get it working again. Therefore, be very certain that the copy of the BIOS file you are using is both accurate and the correct one for your motherboard. Also, be very careful not to turn off the power to your machine until after the update program tells you that it is finished.
m
l
!