Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Intel DH55TC and GTX600 series

Last response: in Motherboards
May 4, 2012 6:31:26 AM

I was planning to get the GTX690/GTX680 for my system.I am little bit confused that will my present motherboard that is DH55TC will handle any of the graphic cards without any lag in graphical buffering processes.

DH55TC is a 1156 socket processor .

I don't like to get a new motherboard because this one is serving for me from a long time.

Questions:-
Q1.Will this mobo create a real difference in the performance of 600 series graphic cards?
Q2.Getting a new mobo is worth inspite of not using SLI or other add-on pcie cards on the mobo?
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
May 4, 2012 6:57:56 AM

looking at the intel site:
http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/motherboards/des...
One PCI Express* 2.0 x 16 bus add-in card connector

your motherboard will not affect the performance of a 600 series card what so ever. and looking at your specs in your sig. your whole system looks fine aside form some possible situations where your CPU may restrict your performance; an already cpu intensive game at low resolution.
Score

Best solution

a b V Motherboard
May 4, 2012 12:16:04 PM

Unless you upgrade your mobo & CPU to the IB platform you will not have PCI 3.0. The difference is that PCI 2.0 has 5 GBps and PCI 3.0 8 GBps throughput for graphics. This will mean little unless you are tunning a large display or multi monitors. So unless you are looking to get over 1920 X 1050 resolution the PCI 3.0 is meaningless. The 580 GTX is currently the best single discrete GPU available.
Related resources
May 4, 2012 1:41:39 PM

Anonymous said:
your CPU may restrict your performance; an already cpu intensive game at low resolution.

Why will this happen?
Score
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
May 4, 2012 2:42:48 PM

the 680 at lower resolutions will be spitting out frames much faster and be putting more of a load on cpu. i put that out there not because i would suspect it will be a problem but that increasing the resolution and details will alleviate the restriction. but really i sould relize you're going to running everthing maxed out; its a SIX-EIGHTY we are talking here. :) 

EDIT: ooopss sorry you did not refer to that specific model.
Score
May 5, 2012 2:37:27 PM

chesteracorgi said:
Unless you upgrade your mobo & CPU to the IB platform you will not have PCI 3.0. The difference is that PCI 2.0 has 5 GBps and PCI 3.0 8 GBps throughput for graphics. This will mean little unless you are tunning a large display or multi monitors. So unless you are looking to get over 1920 X 1050 resolution the PCI 3.0 is meaningless. The 580 GTX is currently the best single discrete GPU available.

Do you really think to spend bugs on Ivy Bridge because upgrading to it means a new system built for me? :??: 
Score
May 5, 2012 2:40:19 PM

Anonymous said:
the 680 at lower resolutions will be spitting out frames much faster and be putting more of a load on cpu. i put that out there not because i would suspect it will be a problem but that increasing the resolution and details will alleviate the restriction. but really i sould relize you're going to running everthing maxed out; its a SIX-EIGHTY we are talking here. :) 

EDIT: ooopss sorry you did not refer to that specific model.

Please remember that I will be playing games entirely on 3D vision kit which reduces the FPS to about 10-15%.

According to me,overclocking the processor will solve that problem.What do you say?
Score
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
May 5, 2012 5:07:00 PM

aviral said:
Please remember that I will be playing games entirely on 3D vision kit which reduces the FPS to about 10-15%.

According to me,overclocking the processor will solve that problem.What do you say?

to be completely honest i am totally ignorant what affects running 3D will have and i am not familiar with the expected performance increase by overclocking your CPU.

so what i say is: RAWK OUT!
Score
May 7, 2012 2:41:07 PM

Anonymous said:
to be completely honest i am totally ignorant what affects running 3D will have and i am not familiar with the expected performance increase by overclocking your CPU.

so what i say is: RAWK OUT!

Ok.
Score
May 7, 2012 2:42:43 PM

Best answer selected by Aviral.
Score
a c 328 V Motherboard
May 8, 2012 4:41:31 AM

This topic has been closed by Nikorr
Score
!