Tags:
  • Memory
  • RAM
  • Compatibility
  • Motherboards
  • Product
Last response: in Memory
May 4, 2012 10:49:04 AM

:hello:  Hi. I want to know if anyone from experience has used this EXACT :o  motherboard the "ASUS M4A88T-M"... I had to RMA a single 4 GB RAM module (Kingston KVR1333D3N9/4G)... at first I just thought it was incompatible but... I've read twice on the Kingston website (before and after I bought it) that this EXACT RAM was compatible with this EXACT motherboard so when the red LED on the motherboard lit up and it didn't boot I didn't know what to think, it just stays frozen (black screen, no video output). for 3 day straight I've tried reseating it (on all 4 RAM slots)... I have cleared CMOS, cleaned the actual RAM with alcohol, pressed the MemOk! button...I tried everything already I even posted this on here and it was suggested that I RMA so I did... I will be getting a replacement in a couple of days but I also want to order a second stick of RAM to see if it was just the memory that was incompatible or if its the motherboard that's defective. Or if it was just a bad stick of RAM

Here's proof...

http://www.ec.kingston.com/ecom/configurator_new/models...

Fifth last one. KVR1333D3N9/4G

http://www.kingston.com/us/memory/search?DeviceType=7&M...

Select "4GB" and "Single Module" on the left and its the second last one

So its "compatible"...

So basically to save time and money I would like to know which RAM worked for you only IF you have used this EXACT motherboard... any help would be appreciated :)  . Oh and I'm on a VERY tight budget, 25$ and under, Single 4GB module if you can please. Thanks

More about : compatible ram asus m4a88t motherboard

May 4, 2012 8:55:07 PM

So nobody at all has had any experience with this motherboard? I want to order new ram as soon as possible.
Score
May 4, 2012 9:14:52 PM

Thats the problem I can't except variations of this motherboard it has to be the exact model I dont want to rma again I want to know once and for all where the problem is... if its my mobo or if it was just a bad stick of ram
Score
Related resources
May 4, 2012 9:24:51 PM

Quote:
I know what I'm talking about bro.....
if this RAM or the RAM specs I stated do not work then it's your motherboard.
period..

Alright then ill order the ram if nothing changes then ill have to rma :fou:  my mobo.

thanks for your help... :) 
Score
May 4, 2012 9:25:11 PM

Best answer selected by Joab4652.
Score
a c 146 } Memory
a c 329 V Motherboard
May 4, 2012 10:09:13 PM

What is your CPU?
Score
May 4, 2012 10:11:28 PM

nikorr said:
What is your CPU?

AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black Edition 3.4GHz
Score
May 4, 2012 10:18:18 PM

Quote:
you need an 8GB kit or 4GB.?

4GB... I dont think I need 8GB :??: 
Score
May 4, 2012 10:32:47 PM

Quote:
I swear by it..
now with this out the way it's all on the motherboard if something is wrong.

Fine,fine

cased closed lol
Score
a c 146 } Memory
a c 329 V Motherboard
May 4, 2012 11:05:44 PM

This topic has been closed by Nikorr
Score
!