MSI is a painful company to deal with?

kjs5932

Distinguished
Jan 12, 2011
i wanted to buy a MSI gtx 560ti, cause all the reviews seem to say how the cooling is of high quality, and MSI seemed to be a good company in general, but i live in nz, and i couldn't find any stores that sold this MSI board. So i asked the computerlounge, as it is my favourite online store, and i got this reply

My question:

"I was looking to buy a GTX 560ti and the Msi twin frozr II appealed to m,e from all the reviews, but there is none in stock anywhere.
actually, there are no Msi cards at computer lounge at all. i find this very strange as Msi is one of the largest gfx card companies in the world,
i would like some info as to whether any will be stocked any time soon, or whether anyone has any info."

Reply from Computerlounge:

"To be honest MSI is a painful company to deal with. That is why there is no real supplier in NZ for their product.

I'm sure MSI screwed over a few suppliers here and gave most of the control to Ingram Micro and they have pretty much destroyed what was left of MSI in NZ. They have no clue how to sell this product. Last time we checked their pricing was so far out it wasn’t worth even trying to list.

We try not to support companies that keep switching suppliers etc. Means there is no consistency for warranties and no real management when things keep changing every 3-5 months,

Last I heard they were dumping stock. Eg GTX 480's"

Its not that i don't trust computerlounge's words, i love the store, but i found this hard to understand, because none of the reviews i've seen seems to have anything about these things.

i'm just curious as to what the people in tomshardware seems to think about this comment. is MSI really that "Painful"

casue i might just go with a asus GTX 560ti, as i've heard bad things about gigabyte (plus the 1 year warranty)