Closed Solved

New x58 motherboards

Hey so just a few days ago my 2nd pci-e slot died im pretty sure in my p6t. There arent alot of boards around anymore and was wondering what I should go with. I really prefer asus over everything or even evga if i have to. I need something thats 3 way sli and has enough room between the 1st and 2nd pci slots, and good overclocking. I only want to keep with x58 since I want to wait until maxwell, or should i really buy a sandy/ivy bridge mobo and get a new cpu, that would require a new cooling system and a new i7. What should I get? ( Cant Find any asus rampages anywhere)
6 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about motherboards
  1. Best answer
    First, what CPU? Intel Core i7 920 or higher?

LGA 1366 motherboards should still be out there, with X58 chipsets.

You could get a Asus X58 Sabertooth here.

An Asus Rampage III X58 is here.

A new different LGA motherboard requires new CPU, new RAM. Should be over $500.00 ($220 mobo, $280 CPU, $50 RAM).
  2. Yea its a 920 on this p6t its oced to like 4.2ghz, And ddr3 1800 isnt good enough anymore? And for the rampage 3 its a micro atx and i have a full tower. but the sabertooth looks pretty nice
  3. DDR3-1800 should be good!

And you asked for a Rampage.

Quote:
    ( Cant Find any asus rampages anywhere)
  4. foscooter said:
    DDR3-1800 should be good!

And you asked for a Rampage.re.

Quote:
    ( Cant Find any asus rampages anywhere)

O yea I know I've already seen that one But I cant seem to find the full atx or an extended atx board anywhe
  5. Best answer selected by andrewcba.
  6. This topic has been closed by Nikorr
Ask a new question

Read More

Motherboards Product