Post error out of nowhere. - 0E error

fmdunlap

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2011
Hey everyone!

So, to put my issue to words in a nut shell I've had my computer for quite some time now (I'm thinking it's been about 7 months since I built it.) And I haven't had an issue with it yet that I couldn't solve with a little research. Up until now, that is. The story goes as follows: I go to school, come home, turn on my comp, and it boots EXTREMELY strangely. We're talking about Windows Explorer not loading correctly, among other basic tasks. Needless to say, it didn't get very far before is BSODed. After that incident, I've been attempting to do some research into what might have happened. Lucky me, I've got an ASUS Maximus IV Extreme, so I've got the nice little POST LED display directly on the board. What I've been getting is a 0E error, or in other words, a "Microcode Not Found" Error... Which has to do with the processor... Wonderful...

Anywho, any help would be greatly appreciated. The specs on the machine are as follows:
Mobo: Asus Maximus IV Extreme
CPU: i7-2600k
GPU: Nvidia GTX 580
HDD: OCZ Vertex 2 90gb & Western Digital Black 1TB
Memory: Corsair Vengence 16GBs (4 x 4gb)

Thanks in advance!

P.S. I Cannot currently access the BIOS...

shadow300z

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2006

Sorry to drag up this old post, but I'm all of a sudden having the same problem. Asrock Extreme 4 Gen 3. It displays the splash screen but I can't get into the BIOS. Darn 0E code. Any luck on fixing this?

shadow300z

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2006
My solution in case anyone else experiences this:

Apparently it didn't like some devices I had plugged into the USB 3.0 (I believe) ports at the rear of the motherboard. I switched them all to the USB 2.0 ports (keyboard, mouse, mic, camera, microsoft wireless control dongle) and it booted up fine.