Dont know what to do... T-T

herrix590

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2011
I've reinstalled my samsung laptop from windows 7 to xp. I already installed other drivers but everytime I wanted to install the Nvidia driver it says its not compatible. My graphic card is nvidia 310m for notebooks. I downloaded driver that is for xp versions. But still, I cant do anything. Even the intel chipset is installed. Help me!~

p/s: Thanks in advance even if the info doesnt help.

Solution
windows xp 64bit is well known on lack driver support. but sometimes there are trouble when try to install windows xp with laptops that are pre-installed with win seven/vista (my friends always encounter this when some of their client request to downgrade their vista laptop into windows xp). maybe your laptop cannot properly supporting windows xp hence there is no windows xp driver available even from samsung. is it mandatory for you to use win xp? honestly to me windows 7 has been great, even better than xp ever was
windows xp 64bit is well known on lack driver support. but sometimes there are trouble when try to install windows xp with laptops that are pre-installed with win seven/vista (my friends always encounter this when some of their client request to downgrade their vista laptop into windows xp). maybe your laptop cannot properly supporting windows xp hence there is no windows xp driver available even from samsung. is it mandatory for you to use win xp? honestly to me windows 7 has been great, even better than xp ever was

Solution

herrix590

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2011
Its not really mandatory but before I formatted the previously installed win 7 it always hangs hence my brother ask to reformat it with win xp. So I just need to format it to win 7 just to make it work?

if done correctly everything should work just fine. for the graphic driver you can get the latest one from nvidia site. but make sure you have at least 2GB RAM if you want to use win 7. if you're using win 7 64 bit it is better to have more than 2GB since 64bit version of windows will need more RAM