Sign in with
Your question

Why can't my pc max crysis 2

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
a b U Graphics card
March 13, 2011 6:31:41 AM

my rig is an intel core i7 870 with 275 GTX but I can only play crysis 2 in advanced mode hardcore mode gives me 30 fps.My friend who owns a gtx 460 says he is playing the game smoothyl in hardcore.surely there isnt that much difference between my 275 and the 460 can it?why can't I play crysis 2 on hardcore?thanx for helping

More about : max crysis

a b U Graphics card
March 13, 2011 7:21:31 AM

What resolution?
m
l
a b U Graphics card
March 13, 2011 7:32:31 AM

cjl said:
What resolution?

both of us play at 1680X1050 resolution
m
l
Related resources
a c 144 U Graphics card
March 13, 2011 7:35:54 AM

he say 'smoothly' that is pretty subjective to certain people. to me 25-30FPS in crysis considered as smooth :) . btw what are his frame rates in hardcore?
m
l
March 13, 2011 7:53:25 AM

Anything around 30 FPS is "smoothly"
m
l
March 13, 2011 8:19:16 AM

Quote:
You have a 275. It's nothing great anymore.

Oh that would be a big problem..

Shows how easy it is to max Crysis 2 @30fps with a 275
m
l
March 13, 2011 8:33:51 AM

Quote:
30fps is maxing? :lol: 

Anything around 30fps is playable.

Hell it will not even look like it is lagging untill you get below 20 fps.

And he was on hardcore = max.
m
l
a c 144 U Graphics card
March 13, 2011 8:55:14 AM

lol. to me batman AA with 30+ fps considered as lag/slow
m
l
March 13, 2011 9:25:35 AM

renz496 said:

I guess your TV has been lagging all of these years until recently...

*TVs used to run @24fps until they moved to HD*
m
l
a c 144 U Graphics card
March 13, 2011 10:54:39 AM

lol i think they add something (forgot what they called it) to the movies so even at 24FPS it look smooth. but it will be different if you're playing games. to me for FPS games 30FPS is acceptable. but for batman AA it feels the game was going slow if the frame rates below 50 and it affecting my control to character i'm using
m
l
March 13, 2011 11:26:12 AM

A gtx 275 wouldn't run crysis 1 at max settings smoothly so why do you think it would run crysis 2 at max settings with playable fps? Secondly your friend is a liar I don't think he's getting more than 30 fps with one gtx 460 seeing that my buddy has an oce'd 1gb evga and the fps are 25 on hardcore. Buy a new video card, I just purchased dual 6870's and I'm running at 60 fps in hardcore.
m
l
a c 144 U Graphics card
March 13, 2011 12:21:34 PM

residentdean said:
A gtx 275 wouldn't run crysis 1 at max settings smoothly so why do you think it would run crysis 2 at max settings with playable fps? Secondly your friend is a liar I don't think he's getting more than 30 fps with one gtx 460 seeing that my buddy has an oce'd 1gb evga and the fps are 25 on hardcore. Buy a new video card, I just purchased dual 6870's and I'm running at 60 fps in hardcore.

what is your friend resolution dude? lol. i got average in the mid 30s using my GTX460 (775/1550/1000) paired with my E7500 OCed to 3.6Ghz @1600x900 with hardcore preset and no v-sync. in doors i could get 50+. the OP resolution is almost the same as me. :p 
m
l
March 13, 2011 12:26:39 PM

your gpu is good but you may need to change it crysis designed to run on dx 11 and your card dosent support it get a gtx 570 but 30 fps is not bad its good and playable i used to play crysis 1 on 1920-1080 with my 5870 and i only get 30 fps at enthsiast settings but now i have another one in crossfire and now i get average 60 fps
m
l
a c 144 U Graphics card
March 13, 2011 12:34:01 PM

johnnyq8 said:
your gpu is good but you may need to change it crysis designed to run on dx 11 and your card dosent support it get a gtx 570 but 30 fps is not bad its good and playable i used to play crysis 1 on 1920-1080 with my 5870 and i only get 30 fps at enthsiast settings but now i have another one in crossfire and now i get average 60 fps

i don't think that was the problem. the demo was only available in dx9 flavor
m
l
March 13, 2011 12:43:41 PM

residentdean said:

I got 460 GTX 1 G and i got min 36 FPS, max 60 (bcs of vsinc on) and average about 44fps. And my card is not fully overclocked so Yes it can max out Crysis 2 :p 
m
l
a b U Graphics card
March 13, 2011 4:32:47 PM

btw this may sound like a noob question but can game servers cause low fps in crysis 2?
m
l
March 13, 2011 8:03:35 PM

renz496 said:

the eye can only see at 24 fps...?
m
l
a b U Graphics card
March 14, 2011 1:01:28 AM

ryanbryne said:
the eye can only see at 24 fps...?

Definitely not true.

60fps is noticeably better than 30. 30 is kind of smooth, but there's a big difference.
m
l
a c 172 U Graphics card
March 14, 2011 1:05:22 AM

i have tried all modes and cant even tell the difference in image quality between them all. so i wouldnt even bother chasing "hardcore" mode. the only thing you see is a huge drop in fps for no image quality benefit. better off looking into a FOV tweak and disable motion blur which is really distracting to the game. I also agree, you can tell the diff between 24 and 30fps and even up to 40-50. but beyond that not really.
m
l
a b U Graphics card
March 14, 2011 1:06:36 AM

The eye can see up to a 100FPS if the change in the screen is large enough.
Standard monitors display only 60FPS.
m
l
a b U Graphics card
March 14, 2011 2:32:13 AM

lulz... anything over 30 is considered playable.

a trained human eye can see up to 350+ fps especially fighter pilots, f1 drivers and the likes
the average guy will see around 60-75 and think the image is flicker free.

when you go over that your not actually aware of any difference consciously. but what you will notice is if you go from 75 fps down to 45 you will notice the slowdown but its only really noticeable as a comfort thing... if your playing at a constant 45 fps and you jump + or - 1-2 fps you generally wont notice it especially if you have vsnc on so you wont see the tearing
m
l
March 14, 2011 2:40:51 PM

30 fps is not inough with the quick movementh of a gamingmouse, but with a gamepad it works fine.
I have tested this with crysis 2, Logitech f710 gamepad.
m
l
March 14, 2011 2:47:07 PM

so i did some research and in ways we are both right :) 

The human eye doesn't see in "frames" merely decides how much detail to take in. For tv the images blurred into each other which is how they could achieve smooth looking pictures at 24fps.

However with games when there is fast moving involved and there is no blurring 60fps does look smoother than 30.

Another reason 30 may not smooth is is wont be a constant 30 fps, it will spike down occasionally (and up averaging at 30)
m
l
March 14, 2011 9:26:58 PM

ryanbryne said:
so i did some research and in ways we are both right :) 

The human eye doesn't see in "frames" merely decides how much detail to take in. For tv the images blurred into each other which is how they could achieve smooth looking pictures at 24fps.

However with games when there is fast moving involved and there is no blurring 60fps does look smoother than 30.

Another reason 30 may not smooth is is wont be a constant 30 fps, it will spike down occasionally (and up averaging at 30)

Tell me about it :( 

I was averaging ~30fps in Metro 2033 @ maxed settings DX11 AAA and was spiking down at certain points hitting a low of 11fps. Some intense scenes were a constant 15-20fps >.>

Damn games and their crazy graphic requirements >.>
m
l
a b U Graphics card
March 15, 2011 2:54:08 AM

Carc369 said:
Tell me about it :( 

I was averaging ~30fps in Metro 2033 @ maxed settings DX11 AAA and was spiking down at certain points hitting a low of 11fps. Some intense scenes were a constant 15-20fps >.>

Damn games and their crazy graphic requirements >.>

just lower the settings down to high.The weird thing with metro is that between hig and very high there is no Image quality improvements except for motionblur which I hate.
m
l
March 15, 2011 6:38:26 AM

celpas said:
just lower the settings down to high.The weird thing with metro is that between hig and very high there is no Image quality improvements except for motionblur which I hate.

For the most part the game was playable at 30-35 fps. There were just some really intense moments where I dipped to about 15fps like the outside scene at the beginning of the game before it flashes back.

I was too proud to play it at anything but maxed lol. I reassured myself my card could handle it lol. I ended up beating the game. Hopefully the new 7xxx/6xx series comes out before Metro 2034. I can't imagine playing a game more graphic intensive than Metro 2033 @ maxed settings.
m
l
a b U Graphics card
March 15, 2011 7:03:07 AM

Carc369 said:
For the most part the game was playable at 30-35 fps. There were just some really intense moments where I dipped to about 15fps like the outside scene at the beginning of the game before it flashes back.

I was too proud to play it at anything but maxed lol. I reassured myself my card could handle it lol. I ended up beating the game. Hopefully the new 7xxx/6xx series comes out before Metro 2034. I can't imagine playing a game more graphic intensive than Metro 2033 @ maxed settings.

I doubt they will release a more demanding metro 2034.Look what happened to crysis devs.Back in 2007 they released crysis which was supposed to be hardware futureproof.People began moaning about how demanding it was and so they released crysis 2 which was a console port.I think the same will happen with metro 2034.Its not good for business if a game becomes even more demanding.Besides hardware hasnt caught up with metro 2033 yet.Even the 5970 cant max the game with DOF.
m
l
a c 144 U Graphics card
March 15, 2011 7:31:57 AM

crysis was made that way so the game will stay relevant in the future. when better hardware comes out you can get better visual that are not possible for previous hardware to handle. but people want that extra visual when their hardware can't handle it and they moan about it saying crysis was poorly coded while in fact it is not. to me you can't get nice graphic visual like crysis if the code was terrible. not well optimized maybe but poorly coded i don't think so. so with that kind of feedback crytek decide to abandon that route and will make the game much more easier on the hardware and follow other dev examples: console first port to pc later. that was what crysis 2 isn't it? :pt1cable: 
m
l
a b U Graphics card
March 15, 2011 7:40:20 AM

yeah and the funny thing is that even after the patch in the brightness section it still says"Please adjust your TV settings"LOL.Also for some reason crysis at 30fps was way smoother than crysis 2 at 30 fps.I remember back in the day when I had a 8800GTX I played through crysis maxed at 21 fps and it was still smooth.Crysis 2 feels jerky at 30 fps.In any case as iam2thecrowe posted I can't see the difference between the 3 modes so whats the point of losing the fps?
m
l
a c 144 U Graphics card
March 15, 2011 7:52:15 AM

and if you go to game setting there was 'aim assistance' setting. honestly does pc gamer need aim assistance with their mouse? i know in the original crysis you can use power mode to reduce the inertia in game or use the inertia slide if you don't want it in game. is this new 'aim assistance' similar to those?
m
l
a b U Graphics card
March 15, 2011 7:59:26 AM

renz496 said:
and if you go to game setting there was 'aim assistance' setting. honestly does pc gamer need aim assistance with their mouse? i know in the original crysis you can use power mode to reduce the inertia in game or use the inertia slide if you don't want it in game. is this new 'aim assistance' similar to those?

the aim assistance only works when an xbox 360 controller is plugged to the pc.If you are playing with keyboard or mouse you don't get aim assistance.Aim assistance means that when the enemy is in your vision the crosshair automatically locks on the enemy so all you have to do is shoot so its easy to play crysis 2 and get the most kills with the xbox controller.In case of keyboard mouse combo you have to manually aim so those playing with xbox controllers will easily kill you before you even ready yourself to shoot.
and to answer your other question,no its not similar to strength mode in crysis.Enabling strength mode in original crysis steadies your hand so the recoil of your gun is reduced and you can aim more precisely but you still have to manually aim.I seriously doubt whether crytek will release the game in this condition because majority who have tried the demo will not buy it
m
l
a c 144 U Graphics card
March 15, 2011 8:22:20 AM

so did the aim assistance also in effect even in pc multiplayer?
m
l
a b U Graphics card
March 15, 2011 8:35:09 AM

renz496 said:
so did the aim assistance also in effect even in pc multiplayer?

yes.crysis 2 is the first console port to have aim assistance to multiplayer.If you want the most kills just plug in your xbox controller and own people.
m
l
a c 144 U Graphics card
March 15, 2011 9:28:27 AM

hahahaha. most retarded setting to include in game isn't it? good way to move more people away from the pc gaming. when no more people play on the pc they will said the pc gaming is dead and might add any game best experience is on console. i've heard this before: 'to bring the superior console experience directly to pc' :na: 
m
l
a c 172 U Graphics card
March 15, 2011 9:35:55 AM

celpas said:
yes.crysis 2 is the first console port to have aim assistance to multiplayer.If you want the most kills just plug in your xbox controller and own people.

I couldnt tell the diff between aim assist on or off (KB & Mouse). Are you saying it is only enabled with a game pad? Still gay to have in multiplayer, i hope this is fixed.
m
l
a b U Graphics card
March 15, 2011 10:09:14 AM

iam2thecrowe said:
I couldnt tell the diff between aim assist on or off (KB & Mouse). Are you saying it is only enabled with a game pad? Still gay to have in multiplayer, i hope this is fixed.

yes it is only enabled with a gamepad.with the keyboard and mouse you don't get aim assist.
m
l
a c 144 U Graphics card
March 15, 2011 2:43:58 PM

iam2thecrowe said:

the next move will merge the consoles and pc server together. then they will force the pc player to use controller only if they want to play the multiplayer :pt1cable: 
m
l
!