PCI audio Terratec Aureon 5.1 problem

mitsos1os

Distinguished
Jul 18, 2009
Hi guys, I really need a hand here or I will lose my head. I have the 760GM-GS3 motherboard and the Terratec Aureon 5.1 PCI audio card. My problem is that I cannot make the pc find the audio card. After many attempts and different tries (not sure what worked), it was identified, (but only after manually searching for new devices in device manager, not automatically), and after installation, it had an error code, stating that there weren't any irq avaiable for the card to work and one more time about an irq conflict. I have tried everything, reseating everything in the morherboard, trying the other pci slot, disconnecting and disabling all unnecessary for operation devices and controllers but with no result. Also I tested an other pci SATA card and it worked fine. I also tested the audio card on an other pc with different motherboard and it also worked fine. Pay attention that It is not a drivers or OS issue, because I do the testing using a live edition of linux just to enumerate the hardware. In my case it doesn't see a device in the pci slot with the lshw command. But in the other pc it works fine! So please don't tell me to reinstall windows or anything becuse the way I test it, windows hasn't loaded yet. It's clearly something else. I also tried the latest bios update witn no luck either. I don't know what else to do. It is a brand new motherboard. How can I know that even if I order a new audio card, it won't do the same thing? Could there be incompatibility between the motherboard and a pci card? Please help!!!