Sign in with
Your question

I think I am having CPU probelms.

Last response: in CPUs
August 17, 2011 5:30:03 PM

I built my first PC recently and some games that seem to rely more on the CPU don't seem to be running very good. I can run Just Cause 2 at above 60fps constantly but playing a game like Team Fortress 2 or pretty much any Source game which is a bit more CPU dependent my FPS will only be at like 70 (Yes I know that that is not bad but it should be well above 100 constantly) when there is like no action even happening and then once I'm in a gunfight it drops to like 40 which it should not be doing.

Do you guys know of any programs where I could like test my CPU than compare it to other people who have the same one. I know my CPU isn't the greatest but from what people have been saying it should be doing better than it is right now. Actually I'm not sure if it is even my CPU causing these problems but it just seems like it. Here are my specs

CPU: AMD Athlon II x3 455 Rana 3.3 GHz
GPU: ATI HIS HD 6870 (Overclocked)
RAM: 4gb of Crucial
MB: Biostar A770E3
PSU: Zephyr 750watt

Also my MB has been flashed to the latest version and I have all my drivers updated.

Would it be possible that some dust or something got under the CPU when I was putting it in.

More about : cpu probelms

a c 172 à CPUs
August 17, 2011 5:43:23 PM

If your system is running, your problem is not the CPU.

And would it be possible ... No.
m
l
Related resources
!