3monitors - Will this card work ASUS ENGTX580?

Jack500

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2011
Solution
Single.
No, you can do that with AMD cards. The HD 6970 is some 10% slower and much cheaper. But it's slower only on one monitor, on three it should be on par with that GTX because of the larger memory size (2GB vs 1536MB)
I have no idea how loud are those cards, read the customers' reviews on Newegg. With the money that you spare you can buy a silent case anyway.
Single.
No, you can do that with AMD cards. The HD 6970 is some 10% slower and much cheaper. But it's slower only on one monitor, on three it should be on par with that GTX because of the larger memory size (2GB vs 1536MB)
I have no idea how loud are those cards, read the customers' reviews on Newegg. With the money that you spare you can buy a silent case anyway.

Solution

Jack500

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2011
Budget/money will not be an issue. I just want to get what's best for my needs and if it's a little overkill, I don't mind.

I thought with the ample ports this GTX card offers I would be able to power 3 monitors, but it sounds it can't be done after all. No problem then.

I'll go with the Asus 6970, but help, which one?:
1. This one - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814121417&cm_re=6970-_-14-121-417-_-Product OR
2. This one with a dual fan design - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814121430&cm_re=6970-_-14-121-430-_-Product

For $5 more, should I get the one with the dual fan? Or get the one without the fan and then add in a premium cooler? I have a 700D case and it has 7 slots in the back.

What do you think? As a newbie, I don't really understand about the full implications or reasons of choosing one over the other. Help me on this.

Jack500

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2011
So, let me understand this right.

They are both the same cards, but the only difference is that the dual fan model costs $5 more?! Am i just missing something here?
It will be compatible with Intel DX58SO2 mobo, right?

Caps = Capacitors

A capacitor (formerly known as condenser) is a passive electronic component consisting of a pair of conductors separated by a dielectric (insulator).

Capacitors are widely used in electronic circuits for blocking direct current while allowing alternating current to pass, in filter networks, for smoothing the output of power supplies, in the resonant circuits that tune radios to particular frequencies and for many other purposes.

Jack500

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2011
Well, I'm a newbie and this is my first build so I'm naturally a little worried as my learning curve is a little steep at this point. My previous systems have been boxed Gateway and Dells and this is my first foray into building my own rig.

I thank you and everyone else who have been answering my questions.
"Grasshopper" really appreciates it.

I think I'm going to go with this Asus 6970 dual fan version then.