Nvidia 420 + lg 23'' = 1920x1080sad face! halp!

ba11s0fsteel

Distinguished
Mar 8, 2011
currently using an nvidia 420 and an lg 23''. just wondering if anybody knew a decent lower resolution that might look good on a lg 23' so I can play some games on anything other than minimal graphic setting. this ones native resolution is 1920 x 1080 but my gpu can't handle it which is really really discouraging. planning on upgrading both my psu and gpu if possible but for now a temporary fix would be nice. My computer meets the recommended requirements for most of these games, just not on this resolution, and it's pretty dumb how these games don't have a recommended resolution as well. I want to be aiming for medium to high graphic settings and experiencing like 60+ fps hopefully?

Maybe I can switch the screen ratio to run at a lower resolution? or any other resolution that will ease the strain on my computer, that might look decent on a 23' would be nice.

Any suggestions greatly appreciated!!

ba11s0fsteel

Distinguished
Mar 8, 2011
will this dramatically affect my fps? apparently some others have actually purchased the same gateway computer, and experienced the same problems with fps on this resolution. Pretty sure this gpu sucks for gaming. Very decent cpu and system, but the gpu is slowing everything down. I think I'll be forced to upgrade both the psu and gpu. Any suggestions on a decent gpu for running games at max res?