Sign in with
Your question

Need help with my RAM!

Last response: in Memory
May 5, 2012 4:17:01 PM

Hi everyone,

I just built my first rig and I have stumbled onto a problem. My system works fine with 1 stick of RAM installed but the moment I put the 2nd stick in all sorts of problems happen. The system will not even boot and a continuous beeping noise is produced by the motherboard. Here are the specs for the pc:

Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H
Intel i5 3570k
2x4GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3
128GB Crucial M4

Can anyone guide me in solving this problem? I have already tried to shift the sticks around but it just doesnt work. I have tried placing 1 stick of ram in either the DDR3 slot 1 or 3 and it still does not work. even with just a single stick of ram both 1 and 3 slots do not work. I have even replaced the stick and tested them individually. is it my motherboard or the ram? and how can I solve this problem?

thanks

More about : ram

a c 128 } Memory
a c 435 V Motherboard
May 6, 2012 2:02:57 AM

Run memtest, a free file, with each stick one at a time in the slot closest to the cpu. A bad stick will usually cause hundreds of errors within a few minutes. Most brands have a lifetime warranty; some venders like newegg will allow you 30 days to return, but read their policy first then request an rma, which may take 24 hours for a response.
m
l
a b } Memory
a c 454 V Motherboard
May 6, 2012 2:41:55 AM

+1^
If the RAM sticks check out fine, you no doubt have a faulty board. RMA it while you still can.
m
l
May 6, 2012 3:26:39 AM

thanks guys, tried it and i think ill just call the vendor i bought it from to change the board.
m
l
!