Sign in with
Your question

Asus P5QL-Pro mother board

Last response: in Motherboards
May 5, 2012 5:42:13 PM

I have an Asus P5QL-Pro mother board that was working fine for over a year. Now I can't shut down my computer normally.
If I click "start" - "shutdown" the PC will shut down for a second and then boot right back up. It acts as if you are hitting the "restart" button. Please help if you can. Thanks.
a b Ĉ ASUS
a c 406 V Motherboard
May 6, 2012 2:36:30 AM

First eliminate the obvious; the power button. This will have to be done with the power on. So if you are unsure about working in you system with power live, ignore what follows...
Turn off the PSU. Remove the pair of wires coming from the button on the motherboard's front panel header. Turn on the PSU. Use something like a tiny screwdriver to momentarily short those two pins the power button was attached on to start the computer. After booting into Windows, shut down Windows normally and see if the issue persists. If it doesn't, the problem is a faulty button. If it does persist, the problem is in the motherboard circuitry.
m
l
a b V Motherboard
May 6, 2012 3:01:03 AM

wiki.answers.com/Q/Why_would_your_computer_automatically_restart_after_being_turned_off

support.microsoft.com/kb/311806
m
l
Related resources
!