Pc to tv problems hdmi/hdmi

Status
Not open for further replies.

indy833

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2011
Hello, i am having problems connecting tv to pc through hdmi cable. The tv says no signal. The computer recognizes the tv. I have tried adjusting screen resolution, tried extending desktop, sharing desktop, identifying desktop etc. i have windows 7

indy833

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2011
It is a 36" sharp aquos. The tv is definately on the right input. Have tried turning the tv and computer on and off as well to see if they would synch but no luck. In the display properties, the computer recognizes that it is hooked up to the tv, even says what kind of tv and the tv's properties, but there is no output on the hdmi from the computer. Also tried a samsung tv with no luck.

What is the actual model number of the Sharp AQUOS 36-inch LCD HDTV? I'm looking for product specifications like resolution, refresh rate, types and numbers of input ports, etc.

What is the make and model of the discrete graphics card or the Integrated Graphics Processor that you're using?

Do you have the latest GPU driver installed?

indy833

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2011
It is a Sharp Aquos model LC-32D4OU. 1080p resolution. 6ms refresh rate. 1 coaxial input, 2 RCA/S-Videos inputs, 2 component inputs, 2 HDMI inputs.
Computer has Mobile Intel(R) 4 Series Express Chipset Family with 1340 MB Approx. Total Memory. Monitor is Generic PnP Monitor and Current Display Mode is 1366 x 768 (32 bit) (60Hz).
My computer is a Toshiba L500 -017 running Windows 7 32-bit
I do have latest driver. I was at Intel site and ran their driver scan and it updated the display driver.

Are you using INPUT 5 or INPUT 6 on the AQUOS LC-32D40U?

Did you press INPUT and 5 or INPUT and 6 on the remote control to select the HDMI port that you are using?

On the Toshiba Satellite L500 did you hold down the Fn key and press F5 while briefly pausing to allow time for the display to change, cycling through the various display output settings until the setting you want takes effect?

indy833

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2011
Thanks for your responses. I am using input 6. I have tried both inputs 5 and 6 while making sure the TV is on the correct one that I am hooked up to. I have tried the Fn key and F5 and still no picture is being sent to the TV. I tried all the different settings that Fn + F5 gave me to choose. When I hook the HDMI cable into the computer the computer screen does blank out for a second and the computer makes the noise for when you hook a device or a flash drive into the USB, which tells me the computer recognizes the TV, but no picture.

cruzan437

Distinguished
May 1, 2011
I am having similiar problems with my Toshiba Satellite P505-S8980 windows 7 pro and Sharp LC-32D43U, Mobile Intel® 4 Series Express Chipset Family (driver version 8.15.10.2302). I have plenty of memory and computer speed (my computer is new and fast/doesn't suck); I can connect to a different second Samsung monitor and it works; its connected to the right ports; have uninstalled and re-installed graphics drivers. The Sharp says on the screen "an incompatible video signal received. Check output settings". Two days ago it was working but after windows to unsuccessfully update itself it started having problems. I have uninstalled updates from past few days. Did everytyhng I could think of to restore machine back to before issues started. What am I missing???

Balien

Honorable
Mar 27, 2012
I'm having the same problem with ATI HD5600 to any tv or monitor. I have found that it only happens with my new 1.4b HDMI cable. I can't figure out what to do because when I took it back to the store it works on other tv's just not from my video card so they wont take it back it's 50ft long.

PKelly

Honorable
May 29, 2012
I got mine to work by going to the graphics adaptor in control panel selecting the driver, dissabling the driver, then re-enabling it immediately. The HDMI then connects but I have to do it every time I reboot the computer or disconnect the cable

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS