Make my own rig, or buy a good value one?

G

Hey guys im new here..

I am getting a new PC mostly for gaming. I have about £500 to spend (can maybe push the boat out a little).

I was going to buy an i5 2500k + a p67 mobo as i heard this was good for overclocking, the usual ddr3 ram and get either an ATI 5850 or 5870 graphics card. All of this plus the PSU, hdd etc.. will come to about £550. But i was wondering if i would be able to play high resolution games such as world of warcraft, max settings at a high framerate.

Or i was considering getting one of these which my friend recently got he said it's good but i was just wondering about the graphics card + the intel i5 processor is 650 nd not 750 and also the mobo is h57. Also comes with a Nvidia GT 340 card which i don't have a clue about and can't seem to find any reviews. However this computer is only £400 on special offer and saves me making it. (also comes with keyboard + mouse)

http://www.ebuyer.com/product/267120

Thanks!

Rusting In Peace

Distinguished
Jul 2, 2009
From what I understand the 340 is just a rebranded 240. A 5850 will run circles around that card.

However I didn't think that WoW had particularly high graphics requirements. Even if you wanted to run at 1900x1200 I think most modern cards will chew through it.

G

Thanks guys helped a lot :) i will probrably try and get the 2500k and p67 then

Rusting In Peace

Distinguished
Jul 2, 2009
No problem.

Be sure to pick up a quality PSU though - don't pick up cheap, high powered power supply. You'll put your system at risk at instability.

Corsair do some nice modular PSUs.