Video cards

timothy_wolfe

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2011
hello, i have a dell optiplex gx280 small form factor desktop pc. i want to upgrade the video card so i can play some decent games[neverwinter nights 2] but i have no idea what i'm doing. i guess i need a low profile card,but wich one? pci or pci-e? also don't want to buy one my computer can't handle and burn it up or something. someone please help! p.s my pc is a 32-bit,so do i need a 32-bit card, or could i use a 64-bit? i bought this pc because it is way faster than my old one,but didn't know anything about video cards.

Solution
You need a PCI-Ex16 video card with DVI apparently but you are extremely limited as with any OEM system due to the fact that you only have a 250w Delta PSU and the ancient Pentium 4, your best bet is something small. Here are some ideas:
-GeForce GT220
-HD4670
-HD5550

With them video cards, you will still have to play the newest games at the lowest settings depending on your screen resolution (what is your screen-resolution?).

omnisome

Distinguished
Dec 12, 2010
You need a PCI-Ex16 video card with DVI apparently but you are extremely limited as with any OEM system due to the fact that you only have a 250w Delta PSU and the ancient Pentium 4, your best bet is something small. Here are some ideas:
-GeForce GT220
-HD4670
-HD5550

With them video cards, you will still have to play the newest games at the lowest settings depending on your screen resolution (what is your screen-resolution?).

Solution

timothy_wolfe

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2011

ummm i'm not sure,where do isee that at?