Razr for $49.99???

"Amazon is selling Razr for 49.99 after rebates for new contract only. If
anyone is interested, here is the link:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/external-search/104-6553813-3087105?mode=wireless-phones&keyword=Motorola+V3&tag=mobileisgood-20
"

The above is what an earlier post read; I went to the site, put my zip code
in and was told it wasn't available in my area; I then went to an
independent cell phone retailer and they told me it was available in my area
(they said a customer came in to the shop and showed off this phone - they
said he was a local and regular customer).

Can you tell me a) is this phone available in Jacksonville, FL and b) why
would they say it wasn't available if it looks like it is?

Thanks to all!!

fred

It should be available. It is definitely available from Cingular in
Jacksonville. I assume you are talking about the Amazon.com offer. I would
either email them or better yet see if they have a phone number to ask
specifically. I may just be an error.

Fred

"Don Oldfield" <loftydon@comcast.net> wrote in message
> "Amazon is selling Razr for 49.99 after rebates for new contract only. If
> anyone is interested, here is the link:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/external-search/104-6553813-3087105?mode=w
ireless-phones&keyword=Motorola+V3&tag=mobileisgood-20
> "
>
> The above is what an earlier post read; I went to the site, put my zip
code
> in and was told it wasn't available in my area; I then went to an
> independent cell phone retailer and they told me it was available in my
area
> (they said a customer came in to the shop and showed off this phone - they
> said he was a local and regular customer).
>
> Can you tell me a) is this phone available in Jacksonville, FL and b) why
> would they say it wasn't available if it looks like it is?
>
> Thanks to all!!

It may not be available to you from Amazon.com but be available to you from
Cingular or other retailers. The message that you are getting regarding the
phone not being available to you is from Amazon.com