Increasing wireless range to a separate building

G

Hi! Am really hoping somebody can help me, we have converted a detatched double garage approx 15 meters from the house into an annexe for my parents,we are having problems picking up the wireless internet in the annexe and wondered what was the best way to boost it? there is no bt point in the annexe. Thanks

desinet1

Distinguished
Oct 11, 2010
Hi! Am really hoping somebody can help me, we have converted a detatched double garage approx 15 meters from the house into an annexe for my parents,we are having problems picking up the wireless internet in the annexe and wondered what was the best way to boost it? there is no bt point in the annexe. Thanks

I was having a similar problem. I had to provide wifi connectivity in two apartments on different floors. I connected the first router with the ADSL line and used a LAN cable of about 80m length to connect the second router, which was placed in the other apartment.

And now, I have wifi at both places.

G

Thank you! As we need to take the cabling outside we need to find a safe way of doing it, but i think that is probably the best way.