HELP! Bought second 5770 with no bridge!!

iball8888

Distinguished
Apr 6, 2010
Hey guys my computer store just closed and I got home realizing that my new 5770 didn't come with a crossfire bridge connector...don't ask me why, it just didn't. Of course tomorrow I am going to go buy one, but I was looking for a temporary solution.

My mobo supports xfire and hybrid xfire. I read something about being able to cfire without the bridge. Is that possible? When I'm in CCC and it won't let me configure it.

What can I do to make this work today?

Each card needs one, otherwise how will the bridge connect to the card without one??? you can enable crossfire without the bridge and its how the lower end cards are designed to work, but your 5770 should have a bridge or it will be unstable or not work at all. Return it and get a different one with a bridge connector.

z06psi

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2010
O.k., If we are talking about the cable that connects two AMD GPU's then you only need one X-fire bridge to connect the two cards. Period.

Not all cards or MB's support X-fire without using a bridge. I have two 5870's in x-fire and only one bridge used and all is fine.

TRENDING THREADS