Everything works but NO pictures at all

edimano

Distinguished
Aug 18, 2011
Hello everyone, Please help if you can!

I have a ACER AM5640-U5403A Desktop, with this motherboard: P/N MB.SAM09.001
Intel core 2 duo processor, 4GB RAM, 500GB WD HD.

The problem is... When I turn on my PC, look like everything is works, but no pictures at all! Nothing, no bios neither! I have a completely black screen!
The lights is on, the fan runs quietly, everything is looks normal, but no picture.
What I tried so far:
- I changed the memory RAM every possible way! (pulled from the work system)
- I changed the hard drive with 3 different one. (pulled from the work system)
- I installed a nVidia PCI Video card (pulled from the work system)
- I tried every output, VGA, HDMI on the main board + nVidia HDMI and VGA out!
- I tried different monitor too! :)
...but no luck! :( Still no pictures or bios neither!
Now I'm completely nuts! :( What the problem is, motherboard, CPU or what?

Someone can help, any idea ? Please please please HELP!

Jetman55

Distinguished
Aug 18, 2011
Well since Edimano and I have the same problem, we will keep it on one thread. I don't have another PSU but here are my parts.

Gladiator 600 Case
955 Black Edition CPU
520watt Antec ECO PSU
M5A97 Mobo
G Skill 4(2x2)GB ram
HD 6850 Graphics Card

May anyone help please? Thank you.

EDIT: How are we able to update the BIOS without anything to look at vdr369?

vdr369

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2010
to jetman55 first u have to remove the add on gpu then the picture will show up after it seems like edimano and you both are not disabled the onboard graphic card here comes problem if u r install a discrete gpu u have to disable onboard gpu then theres no problem if u dont disable the onboard gpu this would happens try to take help from professionals to disable onboard gpu before it try booting ur pc without add on graphic card it will work.

edimano

Distinguished
Aug 18, 2011

- now I reset the COMOS ...nothing happened! :(

edimano

Distinguished
Aug 18, 2011
vdr369,
I have NO pictures WITH and WITOUT a new GPU! Nothing, the screen is black!
I turn on my PC and my monitor (connect with VGA cable) then the monitor go to sleep, because after couple of second automatically turn off. The monitor indicate this messages: [no RGB signal. The power will be tuned off.] So how we can do anything without pictures? With HDMI cable.... the monitor remain on, but NO pictures at all.

Anyway... thanks for your comments guys! I'm still waiting for a right and helpful answer! :)

edimano

Distinguished
Aug 18, 2011
emerald, Tomorrow I will buy a new PSU from BestBuy and let's give a try! If the problem remain I can return the PSU to the store. :)
Thanks for your tip! I will post the results!

edimano

Distinguished
Aug 18, 2011
emerald...
OK, so I could not wait until tomorrow! :) I went to the BestBuy and I bought a Thermaltake TR2 430W Power Supply for 70 bucks! After the installation, guess what.... Nothing! Same, black screen, no pictures, no bios at all! :(
Now I'm wondering the motherboard or the CPU dead.... or other possible errors as well?

edimano

Distinguished
Aug 18, 2011

Jetman55...
Now what? We are in the same boat....
How To Troubleshoot a Computer that turns on but displays nothing on screen?! :(

vdr369

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2010

:D u r chipset is not working brother u have only one solution take that rig to Ur nearest service center of that company, and ask them to replace that board, if Ur warranty is not expired they will replace a new Mobo with working in condition,otherwise,u have only one choice, that is an oem board u have to purchase that board from same service center this is Ur problem's crystal clear solution, :sol:

:hello: If u can't understand my dirty English Ur problems is Ur motherboard's chip-set is not working,means Ur chip set is died and useless that's why u r not getting any pictures or any thing, try this it will work. :sol: