Computer build - AMD or Intel

ldoti

Distinguished
May 23, 2011
Hello,
I work with AutoCAD, Photoshop, Microsoft Office and In Design primarily. I often have all of these applications open and active at once. My current system (Intel P4) is slow and often locks up. I have used both Windows XP and Windows 7 (32 bit)and both seem to be about the same. I am willing to build another computer, but want to know right CPU, motherboard and video card to use. Can anyone help?

ldoti

Distinguished
May 23, 2011
I am going to be building a computer that I will use for business. I often use the following programs: MS Office, Photoshop, InDesign, AutoCAD and Acrobat. I often have them all opened and active. My present computer, running XP or Windows 7 (32 bit) is a P4 is very slow and often locks up.

Can someone suggest a CPU, motherboard and video card?

sayantan

Distinguished
Dec 9, 2009
Since you don't play games ,therefore I think a high speed dual core would be suffcient.
Go for intel core i3 2120 and AMD Radeon HD 6570.I would suggest a h61 based chipset like ASUS P8H61-M , MSI H61M-P23 or whatever you like.Moreover I would suggest you to add an SSD of size 40GB or more .That would give you great system responsiveness.
Or you might wait for Liano APUs from AMD.