Need Advice on a Build

I need help. I want to buy a computer and I need for web browsing and use of outlook very basic use on that end, now I download lots of stuff at 30-40 mbs per sec, Big files. then I transfer them to external hard drives and it takes so long.... I want my computer to be superfast not matter what I am doing.

People have told me I do not need an i7, i 5 is good enough. It may be but I think I want the i7.

Approximate Purchase Date: a.s.a.p

Budget Range: (e.g.: 600-800) Before / After Rebates: 1,000-1,400

System Usage from Most to Least Important: (e.g.: Folding@Home, gaming, surfing the internet, watching movies) web browsing, multitasking, downloading and transferring of files., converting files, watching movies,

Parts Not Required: (e.g.: keyboard, mouse, monitor, speakers, OS) **Include Power Supply Make & Model If Re-using** keyboard, mouse, monitor, speakers,,,, although I would not mind another montitor to go with my SyncMaster BX2450

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: (e.g.: newegg.com, ncix.com -- to show us selection & pricing) newegg.com, microcenter.com tigerdirect.com

Country of Origin: (e.g.: Grand Fenwick) United STates

Parts Preferences: by brand or type (e.g.: I would like to use an AMD CPU & Biostar mobo with a 24" LCD and full tower case) Intel processor is really my one thing.

Overclocking: Yes / No / Maybe maybe,

SLI or Crossfire: Yes / No / Maybe not sure what this means so safe to say no! lol (please don't ban me)

Monitor Resolution: (e.g.: 1024x768, 1280x1024, 1440x900, 1600x1200, 1680x1050, 1920x1080, 1920x1200) What is suggested

Additional Comments: (e.g.: Need to have a window and lots of bling, I would like a quiet PC) My pc stays on all the time so I guess a good cooling system,
4 answers Last reply
More about need advice build
  1. Network and USB transfer speeds have nothing much to do with your processor. You do not need an i7 .

To transfer files to an external drive quicker will mean getting a motherboard with USB 3 connectors AND replacing the hard drive enclosures with USB3 capable enclosures .

Your monitor resolution is set by the monitor and the model you have will be
    1920 x 1080
  2. Thanks for the reply and the information.

Do you have part suggestions for me?
  3. What games do you play?
  4. no games, at all just surfing the web, use outlook heavy. and lots of downloading and transferring. converting files. fairly simple stuff from what I hear. I also want a ssd i think it is called. the better and really fast hard drive.
Ask a new question

Read More

New Build Systems