Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Help please!

Last response: in Systems
Share
May 23, 2011 10:51:55 PM

Okay, so i am going to buy this system for gaming but at the moment i don't have enough for the GPU, so i'm going to have to go with the integrated graphics until i have the money to buy a GPU, would you guys kindly suggest what cards are compatible and are the best for their price.(£) I want it to be able to run games such as, COD4, Minecraft and so on with reasonable FPS! Here's my setup:

Intel Core i3 2100 (2 x 3.10Ghz)
Asus P8H61-M LX2 (Rev. 3)
4GB DDR3 1333mhz (2x 2GB)
500GB S-ATAII 3.0Gb/s, 7,200rpm
Zalman Z9 Plus
400W Xigmatek PSU

More about : question

May 23, 2011 10:55:35 PM

Well if you have no budget, a 6950 would be a great choice. But if you're only playing COD and Minecraft, you won't need that much power. And, speaking of power that 400 watter won't power a 6950. So, either upgrade the PSU or you'll need to get a lower power GPU - 6770/5770 perhaps.
May 23, 2011 10:58:17 PM

jbakerlent said:
Well if you have no budget, a 6950 would be a great choice. But if you're only playing COD and Minecraft, you won't need that much power. And, speaking of power that 400 watter won't power a 6950. So, either upgrade the PSU or you'll need to get a lower power GPU - 6770/5770 perhaps.

Will this GPU run the games listed above, at a playable FPS, NVIDIA GeForce GTS 450 1GB
Related resources
May 23, 2011 11:03:56 PM

What is the resolution? COD is not an GPU heavy game, it should do fine.
May 23, 2011 11:05:53 PM

jbakerlent said:
What is the resolution? COD is not an GPU heavy game, it should do fine.

1280 x 1024!
May 23, 2011 11:09:04 PM

Yep, it'll be fine. You are right at the edge for the PSU though.
May 23, 2011 11:11:27 PM

jbakerlent said:
Yep, it'll be fine. You are right at the edge for the PSU though.

I will go for a 500w PSU, will that be ok?
May 23, 2011 11:18:22 PM

get a good PSU somewhere in the 600W+ range. 600W Xigmatek

and yes the GTS 450 will due but you still should get a PSU because some 400W PSU are not really outputting enough power
May 23, 2011 11:25:17 PM

Emerald said:
get a good PSU somewhere in the 600W+ range. 600W Xigmatek

and yes the GTS 450 will due but you still should get a PSU because some 400W PSU are not really outputting enough power

Will a 500w be okay?
May 23, 2011 11:30:50 PM

Depends on the model, but if it's a good one yes. If you want to be sure, post a link to it here.
May 23, 2011 11:35:33 PM

Food for thoughts:

in case you want upgrade to higher end video cards later you would be set even running dual cards

the price difference is $15


otherwise the 500W should work fine
May 23, 2011 11:51:46 PM

^ It's fine, but do consider Emerald's suggestions if you don't already own that PSU.
!