Sign in with
Your question

Power up the mother board

Last response: in Motherboards
May 6, 2012 5:11:14 AM

I have an old motherboard that I had put into another case. I took it out of the old case few years ago. I having trouble finding the power up connector on the board. The manual shows all the connectors but I do see any for the power up. It has a opti mother board, it's a v4p895p3/smt v.5. with a 486 dx2 processor and the old AT Power Supply, bought a new one from newegg though, tried this one and the old one and neither is powering on no matter what I do. Is there anybody familiar with the old style mother board? The sub section above is not correct they had nothing for this motherboard.

More about : power mother board

May 6, 2012 11:10:28 PM

moecurley said:
I have an old motherboard that I had put into another case. I took it out of the old case few years ago. I having trouble finding the power up connector on the board. The manual shows all the connectors but I do see any for the power up. It has a opti mother board, it's a v4p895p3/smt v.5. with a 486 dx2 processor and the old AT Power Supply, bought a new one from newegg though, tried this one and the old one and neither is powering on no matter what I do. Is there anybody familiar with the old style mother board? The sub section above is not correct they had nothing for this motherboard.

I know now that you cant use a power up like newer boards but how do you connector so it will boot up?
May 14, 2012 3:53:30 AM

I don't guess there is anybody out there that knows anything about the old mother boards, or that just don't want to answer?

Lamon
Related resources
May 14, 2012 4:39:37 AM

I'm finding the exact same problem on this site. I've got 2 posts here over 100 Views and not a single reply. It's pretty frustrating. I'm finding questions that Almost solve my issue but not quite. Would be nice if people answered questions from everyone....
May 15, 2012 3:37:11 AM

Your right it seems like nobody is interested in our problems.
!