Which card would be best

I'm wondering which card setup would be best from the following. My budget is about 200 dollars and everything listed is based off of the january 2011 card by price list on this site and suggestion from a few tech savvy friends.

1. GTX 260
2. Radon HD 5770
3. Radeon HD 6850
4. 2 9800 GT'S http://www.compusa.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=5274327&CatId=3669

Any suggestion not listed here is more than welcome, however I would prefer that it's a product that compusa/tigerdirect carries as there's a compusa near my house that I would be purchasing from.

My system specs are as follows:
4 gb ddr2
Intel quad Q6700 2.67 ghz
asus p5q-e motherboard
running windows 7 64-bit home premium
10 answers Last reply
More about which card best
  1. I say 6850 for the DX11 support. The GT's might give raw performance but I would stay away from cards that are now 4 generations old.
  2. could you tell us your monitor resolution and what PSU do you have?
  3. Yes, what is your current PSU and monitor?
    But, overall, from those options above, HD6850 is the winner.
  4. If you are thinking about 9800GT's with an SLi motherboard GO WITH THESE!

http://www.compusa.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=6820707&CatId=3670

Only $60 a piece! Definetly best bang-for-the-buck at that price if you SLi them, but you have to hurry, it's a temporary sale I believe!
  5. My PSU is 500w, however I've been wanting to go up to at least a 650 and can if ideal card setup for my budget requires more power. I play on a 23" monitor at 1920x1080 resolution.
  6. I also thought I should mention that the price just needs to be around 200, so any solution that would offer a significant performance increase but is slightly over 200 is fine.
  7. I'll be upgrading my cpu to an amd x4 II 955 black edition soon
  8. i wouldnt do that, the phenom II is as good as the core 2 quad clock for clock. if you OCed this q6700 of yours to 3.2ghz it would be pretty equal to a Phenom II x4 955.

and the q6700 can probably 3.4ghz or even more.
  9. Agree, no need to buy a new CPU, just OC your current CPU to above 3.0GHz then you'll be good for gaming... :)
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Graphics Product