Sign in with
Your question

My screen keeps going black, help!!!!!

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
March 14, 2011 3:02:23 AM

I just purchased a Sony KDL46NX810 (insanely awesome tv) and am now using it as a monitor. Previous to that I had a 24.5" Samsung syncmaster P2750. It was a full 1080p monitor/tv and worked perfectly fine. I have an 8800GT gfx card which I hook up via a DVI to HDMI converter. It worked perfect for my samsung. However, when I plug in my brand new sony and turn the computer on, the motherboard screen appears but then the screen just goes black and nothing else will happen. I turned off the computer then plugged my samsung back in to check and see if my gfx card was messed up but it started up perfectly fine. Then I put the computer to sleep and turned off the samsung. I unplugged the hdmi from the samsung and plugged it back into the sony. I started the computer up from being on sleep mode and then the screen worked perfectly fine. It only goes black if I restart or turn off the computer, in which the Gigabyte motherboard page will show then just go black. Does anyone know what is going on here or how to adjust any settings to fix it? I'm running windows 7. Any help would be greatly appreciated, I LOVE this tv, I don't want to have to keep plugging in my old monitor to get the screen to come on! thank you :D 

More about : screen black

March 14, 2011 9:19:00 PM

i got same problem when i crossfire my 2 hd 5870 monitor just stop working
m
l
March 15, 2011 2:35:42 AM

if it helps when i go to select my tv under devices and printers i get the message saying "Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware because a previous instance of the device driver is still in memory. (Code 38)" where would i go to download the necessary drivers for my tv?
m
l
!