xyzionz

Distinguished
Aug 28, 2008
Hi everyone, I'm having this trouble since yesterday, after my PC crashed and freezes, it corrupted my windows, and I had to reformat it, I thought it was a hard disk failure that caused this, I quickly back up my documents and I bought a new hard disk. After I re-installed windows, I thought the problem is solved, I go on with installing programs that I use, and surfing the web for some updates, then it freezes again, then after a hard reboot, I went back to installing stuff and it freezes again. So I did memtest, intel burn test, prime95, furmark for few hours and it didn't show any problems with it, I checked the temperatures and it's all below 50ºc under load, so temps mostly is not the cause. Then I went back to normal installing and surfing, it freezes again. This time I thought it was my SB burnt of something, then I went to my local store and grabbed a new motherboard and test with both hard disk, test including memtest, intel burn test, prime95, I tried to switch memory stick and it's still the same. I tried to switch all except the processor, but prime95 and intel burn test didn't show any errors on it. The freezes won't come out under intensive loads, but instead it will creep out at normal work like installing and surfing the web, that makes me confused.

I'm so headless and don't know what to do except going to my local store tomorrow and get a new processor. Any experts that had experience with this issue before? Please kindly help. Thanks in advance.

My specs,
AMD Phenom II X4 945@1.15625v I also tried putting back the voltage to normal but no luck, I've undervolt it for one and a half year.
Asus M4A785TD-M / Gigabyte 880GM-UD2H
2x2GB Kingston DDR3-1333 I've tried to put more voltage as some forum suggest but no luck.
On board graphics
Samsung 500GB / WD 1TB Blue
Seasonic 500w 80 Plus PSU

Thanks in advance.

xyzionz

Distinguished
Aug 28, 2008
I'm waiting for the extra PSU from my house mate, seems like it really looks like the PSU. I didn't suspect it because it's new. Maybe only at 10~20% load it can't deliver clean power.

xyzionz

Distinguished
Aug 28, 2008
I've switch ram with my main rig, which is the HyperX, the PC still freeze. Not much point trying it anyway, I'm lazy to take out the X760 from it due to i did cable management and I don't want to ruin it and putting them back again, haha.

xyzionz

Distinguished
Aug 28, 2008
Can't really say the processor is faulty when it can pass 10 to 20 Intel burn test with no trouble and hours of prime95... and the temps never gone more than 55ºc even my room is 33~35ºc.

xyzionz

Distinguished
Aug 28, 2008
Okay, it comes down to this, I replaced everything besides the processor...
I'll try to loan one from my friend or local shop to test...
If it works, I'm considering the new Fusion A8, it is worth for my work PC? Or should I get only the processor like 955, I wish to get the 945 due to it's lower TDP, or just sell the remaining parts and get a laptop and live with it.
I play some games like League of Legends on my work PC sometimes, my HD4200@700MHz can play at 1080p with all settings turned to very low.

I've answers in my heart, I just need some confirmation before my purchase.

Thanks in advance.