Installing RAM in Toshiba Satellite Pro A60

Last response: in Laptops & Notebooks
Share
May 24, 2005 11:04:32 PM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.laptops,uk.comp.sys.laptops (More info?)

I have a new Toshiba Satellite Pro A60
(http://uk.computers.toshiba-europe.com/cgi-bin/ToshibaC...)
that comes with 256MB RAM. However, 64MB is shared with the graphics, so I
want to install some more to improve performance. I have just ordered a
stick of 256MB from Crucial, but I don't know how to install it when it
comes. I've checked out the manual, but can't find a mention of it.

If anyone can help, that would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks in advance.
May 24, 2005 11:04:33 PM

In comp.sys.laptops Jon <jons243@nospam.hotmail.com> wrote:
: I have a new Toshiba Satellite Pro A60
: (http://uk.computers.toshiba-europe.com/cgi-bin/ToshibaC...)
: that comes with 256MB RAM. However, 64MB is shared with the graphics, so I
: want to install some more to improve performance. I have just ordered a
: stick of 256MB from Crucial, but I don't know how to install it when it
: comes. I've checked out the manual, but can't find a mention of it.

Surprising. My Toshiba laptop - 2 years old now - came with a
quick-start guide or something like that showing the location and
function of all the expansion areas on the bottom of my laptop. These
are usually accessed by unscrewing a panel from the bottom of the
laptop with one or two screws. On my Toshiba you can get to the RAM
in this way. If you can't find it in the manual, try looking for a
screw-off panel on the bottom of your laptop where you can put in
RAM. There should be only a few; you should be able to find it by
trial and error.

Andrew
--
----> Portland, Oregon, USA <----
a b D Laptop

Jon wrote:
> I have a new Toshiba Satellite Pro A60

(http://uk.computers.toshiba-europe.com/cgi-bin/ToshibaC...
option.jsp?service=UK&PRODUCT_ID=101614&DISC_MODEL=0&toshibaShop=true)
> that comes with 256MB RAM. However, 64MB is shared with the graphics,
> so I want to install some more to improve performance. I have just
> ordered a stick of 256MB from Crucial, but I don't know how to
> install it when it comes. I've checked out the manual, but can't find
> a mention of it.
>
> If anyone can help, that would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Many thanks in advance.

It's panel no B4 in the centre of the back of the A60. Remove single screw
and prise off.. It is sometimes a bit "sticky".
May 25, 2005 3:12:11 PM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.laptops,uk.comp.sys.laptops (More info?)

Thanks for the replies guys. :-)
!