How do I turn on wireless card

I have a Dell Inspiron 1545 laptop. All the sudden, I lost my wireless connection. After running the trouble shooter, I was told that my Dell Wireless 1397 WLAN mini-card was turned off and needed to be turned back on. There is no switch to turn it on & off.
This happened about a year ago and after being on the phone with tech support for over an hour, I finally talked to someone who knew what the problem was & stepped me through how to fix it.
My warranty has now expired, so I can't call tech support again. I lost the directions for how to fix it. I thought he had me to uninstall it, reboot & re-install it, but that wasn't it.
Can someone please help me?
Thanks,
Deb
Win7 x64
4gb ram
Intel Duo Core T6400 2.0GHz
6 answers Last reply
More about turn wireless card
  1. have you tried the F2 button?
  2. Yes, I tried that too. I remember it has something to do with going into the properties of either the card or the device manager. The darn MS Fog strikes again... lol Thanks for trying.
  3. is the card showing in the Device Manager?
  4. Sorry it took me so long to reply, I've been away. Yes, the card is showing in device manager. I've uninstalled it & re-installed. It still says that it is turned off.
  5. On the questions how to turn on wireless to Dell Inspiron 1545 is press the SHIFT key and F2 keys at the same time and your wireless will turned on. :)
  6. just wanted to say 5 years old and the F2 did the trick after 2 hours and trying to find out what the problem was!!! thank you
Ask a new question

Read More

Configuration Wireless Dell Inspiron Wireless Networking