Sign in with
Your question
Solved

PSU Slowed My PC Down?

Last response: in Components
Anonymous
a b ) Power supply
August 18, 2011 7:18:47 PM

Alright so My GTS 250 Was overheating because my PSU wasn't "good enough". It was a Pixxo 500w PSU (Not the best.. seriously it sucked.) So I Went out and Bought A Corsair CX430 V2 And it has had a good and negative effect on my system. The Overheating it gone, but the overall stability of the system is gone down. I Cant Play games without them crashing when I Actually get into a game, and firefox take 30 seconds to start. I haven't changed anything but the PSU! Could Downgrading from a 500w to a 430w QUALITY PSU Actually be doing this? This is really disappointing.

More about : psu slowed

a b ) Power supply
August 18, 2011 7:31:58 PM

Yeah .. This psu true power with high efficiensi and not crap .. And pixxo maybe crap and power 250W (or just labeled).
Actually bigger watts of power is not necessarily have a great performance :) 

Best solution

a b ) Power supply
August 18, 2011 7:35:03 PM

It's highly unlikely the new PSU is having any negative effect on your PC's operation. Perhaps something got dislocated when you changed PSUs?. You might want to reseat any cards and RAM. Check all cable connections. Make sure the CPU and heatsink are properly seated. Then run a RAM test (from a floppy disk, CD or flash drive), to see if you have memory issues causing the stability problem.
Related resources
Anonymous
a b ) Power supply
August 18, 2011 7:36:04 PM

Best answer selected by wahmtwo.
Anonymous
a b ) Power supply
August 18, 2011 7:37:17 PM

beenthere said:
It's highly unlikely the new PSU is having any negative effect on your PC's operation. Perhaps something got dislocated when you changed PSUs?. You might want to reseat any cards and RAM. Check all cable connections. Make sure the CPU and heatsink are properly seated. Then run a RAM test (from a floppy disk, CD or flash drive), to see if you have memory issues causing the stability problem.

Thanks, I Am doing that now.. Hopefully it fixes it.. I Know The 500w Pixxo PSU Sucked and didnt really understand why this PSU would do this. Thanks for your help!
!