AM3+ Mainboard for Phenom II x4 955 be

Hey Guys,

My mainboard just died on me and I need a replacement. The mass of information I have to read through before I can make an informed decision again is daunting, so I hope someone can help me out.

I have a Phenom IIx4 955 be @ 3.2ghz, a Sapphire Vapor-x HD 4890 1GB and 4GB DDR3 1333 RAM.

I thought im getting a AM3+ socket so I can upgrade to a Bulldozer, if I need to at some point. 2 seperate x16 PCIe slots would be good, so I could have the option for crossfire, but I dont really care that much since I probably had to upgrade my PSU in that case (and I just bought a new one).

Ideal would be a board that fits in a 100e budget.

What kind of Chipset should I aim for with this setup? I want to buy a solid board, that fits my components without buying anything too fancy or too cheap.

Any recommendations or links to roundups of boards of that type and price range are welcome.

Best,
expectations
2 answers Last reply
More about mainboard phenom
  1. We would need a better list of components that you already have - psu name and model # so we don't recommend a board that doesn't have the right # & type of power connections as well as the name and model of the memory so we can better judge if it's compatible without having to tweak any timings or voltages just to get it to boot.
  2. Hi, thanks for your reply.

The description of the RAM is F3-10600CL7D-4GBPI; DDr3-1333 PC3-10600 2GBx2
    The PSU is a Seasonic with, IM not sure at the moment 500W. I just bought it recently because my old one broke. Im looking for a ATX board of course.

I ventured a bit into the reviews and as far as I can tell I would go with the 970A chipset. Im currently leaning to the ASrock 970a Extreme 4 or the Gigabyte 970a-UD3 as an alternative to that. Both run around 80e including shipping.

Im also thinking about upgarding my ram, since ram is dirt cheap atm.

edit: The PSU Model is S12II.
Ask a new question

Read More

Motherboards Phenom