IS ASUS Rampage IV Extreme good?

Hey guys im building a new pc just wondering is Rampage IV Extreme is good. The 1st one i looked at was saberbooth x79 but i thought adding another 100bucks isn't going to kill me. Thanks
8 answers Last reply
More about asus rampage extreme good
  1. Top of the line product for top dollar. If I had the money it would be the board I'd get. Only complaints Ive seen on it were if you use all four pcie slots you don't have room for a memory cooler. Handful of people complain about bent pins but it usually ends up being their fault during installation so be VERY careful when inserting the cpu. And that's typical of probably anything since the 1366 boards!
  2. This you needed

www.xbitlabs.com/articles/mainboards/display/asus-rampage-iv-formula.html
  3. suteck said:
    Top of the line product for top dollar. If I had the money it would be the board I'd get. Only complaints Ive seen on it were if you use all four pcie slots you don't have room for a memory cooler. Handful of people complain about bent pins but it usually ends up being their fault during installation so be VERY careful when inserting the cpu. And that's typical of probably anything since the 1366 boards!

I was thinking of the samething . i saw some reviews about it, most ppl say bent pins and the one person said ASUS doesn't make it no more so it can't be replaced if is broken or something. So wat ur saying is they don't come bent is just ppl not being careful enough ?
  4. THE UNKNOWN said:
    This you needed

www.xbitlabs.com/articles/mainboards/display/asus-rampage-iv-formula.html

But thats the Small version ... i heard the board is way smaller
  5. Yes. I think you're referring to a newegg review. ASUS even answered that with a

" Manufacturer Response:

Dear Valued Customer,

This motherboard, Rampage IV Etreme, qualifies for Asus Premium Service where customers can receive advance replacement within the product's 3 year warranty. For more information regarding Asus Premium Service please go to http://service.asus.com/InfoPage.aspx?rid=12. For warranty information please go to http://service.asus.com/Warranty.aspx.

Regards,
    Benson
    Asus Customer Loyalty"

And you can buy them all day long on newegg so they have to be current. Lot's of times people drop the cpu in crooked so they shuffle it around until it drops into the socket. You will mess up all kinds of pins that way. ASUS doesn't cover user's sloppy insertion. However, I have seen them take the board back and for a fee they will replace the socket for you. If they come from the factory bent like that I'd be surprised.
  6. I have an Asus Rampage IV Extreme so I can answer your question first hand. The Rampage IV Extreme is a great motherboard.

Like most of Asus's enthusiast products it's low on bells and high on whistles. There's tons of options to fine tune the system including lots of test points, the ability to physically turn off PCIe ports, loads of SATA, eSATA, USB2/3, fan connectors, etc... There are also breakout headers for additional USB 3.0 ports in a very handy location. There's nothing that an enthusiast user wouldn't use such as SSD caching, firewire, legacy PCI, comm ports, etc... these points of failure are minimized.

DRAM support is outstanding, I'm running 32GB at 2133 using just the XMP profile timings and nothing else. This would make most other boards whimper. Initially the board had a hard time posting when new devices were added but stability has been much improved by virtue of firmware updates. There are a few lingering bugs including a critical one with the add-on storage controller but most of them have been worked out by now.

What I like most about the Rampage IV Extreme is that once you get it running it's rock stable. It really overclocks like a champ even on air. Tom's just posted a review of the RIVE (Rampage IV Extreme) against the EVGA x79 SLI FTW board. The RIVE destroyed it.
  7. The R4E is no doubt an excellent MOBO, and IMO I wouldn't have any X79 without 8xDIMM. Unless you're going need more than 2-WAY SLI and you can SLI the GTX 690 then a plus to the Sabertooth X79 is a 5 year warranty.

http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=2261309
    http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=2320509
    Mine is for SQL testing/coding when I'm at home and once in a while game on it.

For folks wanting 3 or 4-WAY SLI/CF (i.e. 3~4 GPUs) IMO get the R4E otherwise the Sabertooth X79.
  8. That's a kick ass motherboard just excellent all the way around great choice you will not find a better motherboard imo i say go for it you won't regret it.
Ask a new question

Read More

Motherboards Asus Rampage