Closed Solved

Motherboard wont power monitor (checklist completed)

My motherboard wont power my monitor after instillation of new processor, motherboard, and power supply.

Installed new components into an old shell because of blue screen of death. I have the motherboard installed correctly, processor and PSU all run fine when i power on, but no monitor. I don't have a video card so that eliminates that problem. The monitor is plugged in the socket and the VGA cable is plugged in both the monitor and the motherboard.
I don't have a system speaker and after reading many posts, i know that this is an essential piece to troubleshooting (i'm going to pick on up today). I've WOKRED through all of the steps on the cheklist (that i can do w/o a monitor) and still no screen....Any ideas on why my monitor isn't powering up????

Motherboard: Asus P8H 61-M LE
Processor: Intel i5 3.1
PSU: Eagle 500 Watt
RAM: 4 GB 1333MHz
Harddrives: Seagate 1tb, 500gb stock c drive
case is a stock compaq case
operating system hasn't been installed yet
dvd/cdrw drive
firewire port
6 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about motherboard wont power monitor checklist completed
  1. Is everything build correctly

www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/274745-13-step-step-guide-building

After that

www.tomshardware.com/forum/261145-31-perform-steps-posting-post-boot-video-problems
  2. Update: Just installed system speaker and got the 1 long beep and 3 short beeps but still no monitor. Went through the checklist --> http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/261145-31-perform-steps-posting-post-boot-video-problems <--- again and everything is hooked up properly. Motherboard still will not post...any suggestions?
  3. Best answer
    www.tomshardware.com/forum/343096-31-build-display
  4. check to see that your ram in on the mb qual guild. the newer mb are picky when i comes to ram and posting.
  5. Best answer selected by theuberest.
  6. This topic has been closed by Nikorr
Ask a new question

Read More

Asus Monitors Motherboards Power