Beginner's question

Hello,

I am looking for a Gameboy Advance console for my eight-year old son.
My question is this: Will a game bought in the US play on a Gameboy
console bought in the UK or Norway, and vice versa?

Do games and consoles have region codes, just like DVDs?

Svein
2 answers Last reply
More about beginner question

    Most home consoles do. Not only that you need to worry about PAL and NTSC
    formats

    Portable systems like the Gameboy, however, do not have region protection,
    and can play any game.

    sisko <sisko@hakanai.net> wrote:
    > Most home consoles do. Not only that you need to worry about PAL and
    > NTSC formats
    >
    > Portable systems like the Gameboy, however, do not have region
    > protection, and can play any game.

    The only problem with the above is communication between different country
    games/systems. Most likely a Norwegian GBA title won't work with a US
    Gamecube game designed to connect. Other compatibility problems might exist.

    --
    Deep Thought

Console Gaming Games Gameboy Consoles Video Games