Beginner's question

Last response: in Video Games
Share
July 27, 2004 5:05:19 PM

Hello,

I am looking for a Gameboy Advance console for my eight-year old son.
My question is this: Will a game bought in the US play on a Gameboy
console bought in the UK or Norway, and vice versa?

Do games and consoles have region codes, just like DVDs?

Svein

More about : beginner question

July 28, 2004 12:36:54 AM

Most home consoles do. Not only that you need to worry about PAL and NTSC
formats

Portable systems like the Gameboy, however, do not have region protection,
and can play any game.

"Svein" <svein4@excite.com> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> I am looking for a Gameboy Advance console for my eight-year old son.
> My question is this: Will a game bought in the US play on a Gameboy
> console bought in the UK or Norway, and vice versa?
>
> Do games and consoles have region codes, just like DVDs?
>
> Svein
Anonymous
July 28, 2004 4:30:09 AM

sisko <sisko@hakanai.net> wrote:
> Most home consoles do. Not only that you need to worry about PAL and
> NTSC formats
>
> Portable systems like the Gameboy, however, do not have region
> protection, and can play any game.

The only problem with the above is communication between different country
games/systems. Most likely a Norwegian GBA title won't work with a US
Gamecube game designed to connect. Other compatibility problems might exist.

--
Deep Thought