Sign in with
Your question

New MB, DDR3, Core i3, PSU, computer keep reboot.

Tags:
  • Motherboards
  • DDR3
  • Computer
Last response: in Motherboards
May 6, 2012 8:12:17 PM

Hi, I can't turn on my computer with this new build. When I turn it on, all the fans was running for like 2 second then it turn iff by itself then turn back on then turn off again. its keep on and off forever, until I unplug PSU. I also tried to clear CMOS, by remove battery and used the pin technique, still didn't work. And the monitor is black when I turn on the computer. its turn on and off pretty fast, didn't have a chance to enter BIOS. I even tried to switch new ram, so went to BestBuy and bought a different one DDR3 Dual PNY 2GBx2. but still didn't work. I did tried plug in 1 stick at a time with different slot.

And here are my builds:
Corsair Vengeance Blue 4 GB PC3-12800 1600mHz DDR3 240-Pin SDRAM Memory Kit for Intel and AMD Platforms - Not a Kit (Single) CMZ4GX3M1A1600C9B, tried with both memory, didn't work. Amazon Item
PNY - Optima 4GB PC3-10666 DDR3 DIMM Desktop Memory. 2GBx2 Dual channel. BestBuy item

Dell Power Supply 305W, tried with both power supply, still didn't work
Dynex™ - 400-Watt ATX CPU Power Supply. BestBuy item

Gigabyte Intel Z68 ATX DDR3 2133 LGA 1155 Motherboard GA-Z68A-D3H-B3. Amazon item
Intel Core i3-2120 Processor 3.3 GHz 3MB Cache Socket LGA1155. Amazon item
EVGA - GeForce GT 520 2GB GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 Graphics Card. BestBuy item

Anyone know what the problem? Thanks in advance.

More about : ddr3 core psu computer reboot

a b V Motherboard
May 6, 2012 8:18:53 PM

It would help to know the Motherboard model. z68 boards will double boot from cold starts (sometimes takes 20 secs until you can even get to the bios).

Are you sure you have the 8 pin plugged into the mobo as well as the 24 pin? That results in a start/stop.
m
l
May 6, 2012 8:27:03 PM

bleechy said:
It would help to know the Motherboard model. z68 boards will double boot from cold starts (sometimes takes 20 secs until you can even get to the bios).

Are you sure you have the 8 pin plugged into the mobo as well as the 24 pin? That results in a start/stop.

Thanks for the fast reply.
what do you mean 8 pin? I have 24pin main power motherboard, and 4 pin for the Processor. what is the 8 pin?
And when I installed RAM it reboot right away after i hit the power button, but when I removed RAM, with no RAM install, it last longer. Its last like 10-15 sec, with no RAM but I can't see the screen, it all black. So could it be the Memory problem?
m
l
Related resources
a b V Motherboard
May 6, 2012 8:36:56 PM

Some have a 4pin some have an 8pin, so your ok there.

Ok have you got the CPU fan header connected? Some of those gigabyte boards will refuse to boot without one detected. If you do not have the stock cpu fan this could be another reason.

Edit: Have you got the ram sticks in the correct slots? Two sticks should be in slot 1 + 2 or 3 + 4

m
l
May 6, 2012 8:39:47 PM

bleechy said:

Ok have you got the CPU fan header connected? Some of those gigabyte boards will refuse to boot without one detected. If you do not have the stock cpu fan this could be another reason.

Yes, I connect the CPU fan. the one that come with the Core i3
m
l
a b V Motherboard
May 6, 2012 8:46:50 PM

Yes but is it in the CPU Fan header (just above the CPU)

If that is fine start disconnecting things, take out the graphics card and see if you can boot.

If that doesn't force a boot I can only suggest starting over. So reseat the CPU etc. Seen as you have 2 of everything it may be your board is DOA (if you never used it before)

Also check your ram sticks, 2 sticks should be in 1+2 or 3+4
m
l
a c 162 V Motherboard
May 6, 2012 8:49:30 PM

remove the graphic card your psu is not powerfull enough to made the system work
m
l
May 6, 2012 9:01:38 PM

So you put together this system from scratch? What case are you using? And if you did build this from scratch. Did you install the motherboard stand offs? If you did, make sure they are lined up for each hole in the motherboard and not contacting the bottom of the motherboard.
m
l
a c 491 V Motherboard
May 6, 2012 9:02:53 PM

it the ram it not on the mb qual list. had the same issues with my build a sabertooth z77 an a 16 gig kit. got the red led of death on mine. on his mb it trying to sent the ram speed up at boot and is falling. do to gygbytes overclocker recovery in the mb it going into a reboot of death.
m
l
May 6, 2012 9:13:05 PM

bleechy said:

Edit: Have you got the ram sticks in the correct slots? Two sticks should be in slot 1 + 2 or 3 + 4

yes i plug in the right slot. 1 by 1, with different slot, i tried many ways.
m
l
May 6, 2012 9:14:41 PM

scout_03 said:
remove the graphic card your psu is not powerfull enough to made the system work

400W is not enough? btw, I did tried that too. still not working
m
l
May 6, 2012 9:16:28 PM

1tym said:
So you put together this system from scratch? What case are you using? And if you did build this from scratch. Did you install the motherboard stand offs? If you did, make sure they are lined up for each hole in the motherboard and not contacting the bottom of the motherboard.

The MB didnt fit my computer case, so i put it on the newspaper. everything was out of the case.
m
l
a c 162 V Motherboard
May 6, 2012 9:29:58 PM

on the table when power is on does the board light goes green
m
l
May 6, 2012 9:44:00 PM

scout_03 said:
on the table when power is on does the board light goes green

what do u mean? i dont see any light bulk on my MB, or there is maybe i dont see it. and no there are no light goes green when i turn it on. do u think it have anything to do with the QVL?? i just download the memory support list, and i have no idea if it support my memory or not. please help if u know. here is the link. http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=.... use amazon if u gonna recommend a new RAM.
m
l
May 7, 2012 12:39:05 AM

1tym said:

The MB doesn't fit my computer case, so I put MB on newspaper. everything is outside of the case. But I don't see why it wouldn't work. You mean I have to screw it into to case in order to make it work?
m
l
a c 162 V Motherboard
May 7, 2012 2:09:57 AM

when you plug the 24 pins and the 4 pins in also put the cpu and cooler with fan 1 stick of memory and plug your monitor to the onboard graphic then switch on thepsu to get power you should sse i little led on the board and if this led lit means board receive power
m
l
May 7, 2012 2:30:15 AM

scout_03 said:
when you plug the 24 pins and the 4 pins in also put the cpu and cooler with fan 1 stick of memory and plug your monitor to the onboard graphic then switch on thepsu to get power you should sse i little led on the board and if this led lit means board receive power

okay what happen when the board receive power? I thought my MB already receive power, that why i can turn it on for like 2 second. when I installed memory it turn off right away after i turn it on. but when i removed the memory it seem to be last longer, it stay on for like 10 sec and keep reboot. the monitor always black.
m
l
a c 162 V Motherboard
May 7, 2012 2:39:16 AM

did you try all the memory you got one at the time and do see a led on your board could be you got doa board
m
l
May 7, 2012 3:00:06 AM

scout_03 said:
did you try all the memory you got one at the time and do see a led on your board could be you got doa board

I don't think its a doa board. it has to do something with memory. again, with memory installed it reboot right away, but without memory it stay on for 10 second or more, and then yeah it reboot. what is this mean? and i don't think i have speaker build on-board cuz i ain't hear no sound when no memory installed. or its don't even have time to make any noise since power supply reboot right away.
m
l
a c 162 V Motherboard
May 7, 2012 3:15:14 AM

with no memory it will always reboot and memory goes in slot 1 far right slot also do you use the 1.5 volts memory sticks
m
l
May 7, 2012 3:21:31 AM

scout_03 said:
with no memory it will always reboot and memory goes in slot 1 far right slot also do you use the 1.5 volts memory sticks

yes they're all 1.5 volts memory stick
m
l
a c 162 V Motherboard
May 7, 2012 3:23:36 AM

let's see what the test will give
m
l
May 7, 2012 3:25:17 AM

scout_03 said:
let's see what the test will give

test, what test?
m
l
a c 162 V Motherboard
May 7, 2012 3:28:04 AM

all the memory in slot one to see if system will boot
m
l
May 7, 2012 3:29:36 AM

scout_03 said:
all the memory in slot one to see if system will boot

I did tried that, with all slot. different stick, clear CMOS.
m
l
a c 162 V Motherboard
May 7, 2012 3:31:39 AM

then if board do not post need to rma
m
l
May 7, 2012 3:36:32 AM

scout_03 said:
then if board do not post need to rma

Imma try to buy new memory that the MB support. if it don't work. then it going to amazon.
thanks for the replies.
m
l
a b V Motherboard
May 7, 2012 10:33:13 AM

unbeli3vabl3 said:
do i think it has anything to do with the MB not screw into the case? I put the MB on newspaper since the MB won't fit in the case.

It would only effect it if the motherboard was shorting out by touching something metal with charge.
Any memory module comforming to DDR3 standards should work in your mobo.

Perhaps you should call the manufacturer of the mobo to see if they can help
m
l
!