Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Need some advice on Computer build

Last response: in Systems
Share
May 24, 2011 1:53:14 AM

With the help of some people at eggxpert.com I put together this set up:

Mother Board- $119.99
ASRock P67 PRO3 SE LGA 1155 Intel P67 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Prod [...] 6813157249

CPU- $189.99
Intel Core i5-2400 Sandy Bridge 3.1GHz (3.4GHz Turbo Boost) LGA 1155 95W Quad-Core Desktop Processor
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Prod [...] 6819115074

Hard Drive- $84.99
Western Digital Caviar Black WD1001FALS 1TB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Prod [...] 6822136284

RAM- $39.99
G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 (PC3 10666) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model F3-10600CL9D-4GBNT
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Prod [...] 6820231253

PSU- $84.99
Corsair Enthusiast Series CMPSU-650TX 650W ATX12V / EPS12V SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS Certified Active PFC Compatible with Core i7 Power Supply
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Prod [...] 6817139005

GPU- $119.99
Sapphire Radeon HD 5770
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Prod [...] 6814102898

Case- $49.99
Rosewill CHALLENGER Black Gaming ATX Mid Tower Computer Case
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Prod [...] 6811147153

Optical Drive- $19.99
LITE-ON Black CD/DVD Burner
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Prod [...] 6827106289

OS- $99.99
Windows 7 Home 64 bit
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Prod [...] 6832116986

Total Price is now: $809.9

I downgraded from the Radeon 6850 to the 5770. So the cost would be $810 not $860. Is this worth the price cut?


More about : advice computer build

May 24, 2011 2:31:08 AM

That link doesn't work. Please list the specs.
m
0
l
May 24, 2011 3:26:10 AM

Quote:
That link doesn't work. Please list the specs.


I reworte the O.P. and it now has all the parts listed with price. Sorry about the bad link earlier.
m
0
l
Related resources
May 24, 2011 3:35:27 AM

Quote:
I downgraded from the Radeon 6850 to the 5770. So the cost would be $810 not $860. Is this worth the price cut?


Well, first of all, you didn't actually say your budget, but if 50$ is too much for you, then HD 5770 it is. But I do recommend you spend that 50$ more and get the 6850.

m
0
l
May 24, 2011 3:42:27 AM

Quote:
Well, first of all, you didn't actually say your budget, but if 50$ is too much for you, then HD 5770 it is. But I do recommend you spend that 50$ more and get the 6850.


Sorry, I had the budget posted before I changed he original post, it is $800.
m
0
l
May 24, 2011 3:45:54 AM

Hmm, are you sure you can't spend more ( 50 $ I mean ) is it really tight ? HD 6850 is a good card and is about 40-50 % more faster than HD 5770. What games are you planning to play on this rig ?
m
0
l
May 24, 2011 3:57:37 AM

Quote:
Hmm, are you sure you can't spend more ( 50 $ I mean ) is it really tight ? HD 6850 is a good card and is about 40-50 % more faster than HD 5770. What games are you planning to play on this rig ?


I will play mostly WoW and LoL. I had to buy a monitor already, and that was $120. Now i'm looking at 810 for the computer plus another 50 for mouse and keyboard. So, i'm already sitting at $980, when the budget was $800. :-) I quickly learned that $800 was way to low for what I wanted.
m
0
l
May 24, 2011 4:00:08 AM

Do you play anything else ( more grahically demanding, example: Crysis )

WoW or LoL isn't demanding, so I guess, the HD 5770 would do fine for you.
m
0
l
May 24, 2011 4:07:10 AM

Quote:
Do you play anything else ( more grahically demanding, example: Crysis )

WoW or LoL isn't demanding, so I guess, the HD 5770 would do fine for you.


I have never had the chance to play anything more than WoW or LoL. My current setup is beyond awful. I do play on purchasing Portal 2 and The Orange Box. I'm sure I will get into more gaming with a better computer. :) 
m
0
l
May 24, 2011 4:10:34 AM

If you do plan on playing more demanding titles, I'd go for the HD 6850 if thats okay with you ( in budget terms ).
m
0
l
May 24, 2011 4:45:29 PM

This topic has been moved from the section Video Games to section Systems by Mousemonkey
m
0
l
!