Entry level mobile graphics for World of Warcraft

Hello, I am looking to buy a non-gaming laptop, so graphics power is not a big concern for me except for playing World of Warcraft while not using my desktop with a GeForce GTX 460 1GB card. I don't demand the graphics settings to be cranked up to the max, as I'd rather save money, but still be able to get at least manageable frame rates at low to medium settings. Would an Nvidia 310m be sufficient for this, or do I need to go a step higher? I would like to get some ideas of what entry level mobile graphics cards from either Nvidia or ATI/AMD I should be looking at. Thanks for the advice!!
3 answers Last reply
More about entry level mobile graphics world warcraft
  1. not worth it especially if playing cataclysm, take a break from WOW sometimes and use your desktop
  2. jjb8675309 said:
    not worth it especially if playing cataclysm, take a break from WOW sometimes and use your desktop

So you're saying that even in low to medium settings, I won't even break 30 frames per second? In that case, I definitely need something more powerful than that. I just need the performance to be serviceable. If I want awesome looking graphics, I'll just turn on Metro 2033 on my desktop. Also, another two options for me are Radeon 4250 and Radeon 4270 graphics.
  3. At lower settings, you should be able to get 30 frames in non-crowded areas on a 310m. Depending on the resolution also. I can play WoW with no issues on a lower speed dual core with a Quadro card wich is probably not as fast as the 310m, but it's only at 1440x900 res. I think my laptop gets about 20-24 in dungeons, on a bit lower than Medium. No shadows and low particles.
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards World Of Warcraft Graphics