Cannot get my new computer to display via HDMI on TV

Hi, I just built a new computer.

When starting it up for the first time connected to my TV via HDMI cord to the graphics card. it does not display.

I get a no signal message on the TV.

I have a vga cable but the gfx card does not have a vga output.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I;m using a HD 6870 card, AMD Phenom 2 955 quad, and a Gigabyte GA-870A-USB3 AMD 870 Socket AM3 motherboard no OS yet.
4 answers Last reply
More about cannot computer display hdmi
  1. Does the card have DVI and a convertor?
  2. The card has a DVI input but my TV doesn't.
  3. Quote:
    Hi, I just built a new computer.

When starting it up for the first time connected to my TV via HDMI cord to the graphics card. it does not display.

I get a no signal message on the TV.

I have a vga cable but the gfx card does not have a vga output.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I;m using a HD 6870 card, AMD Phenom 2 955 quad, and a Gigabyte GA-870A-USB3 AMD 870 Socket AM3 motherboard no OS yet.

I have had similar experiences with VIZIO HDTVs. What brand/model are you hooking up to? I have found by experience that some video cards don't initialize the HDMI port until the OS/graphics driver has loaded.

Quote:
    The card has a DVI input but my TV doesn't.

A DVI to VGA cable or adapter should do the trick. At least to start with until you get your OS loaded. Afterwards you can see if HDMI works.
  4. My tv is a samsung 22inch, ok I;ll try to find a cheap adapter/cable thanks.

I may have a DVI to hdmi cord lying around somewhere I will try to find it but not sure if I still have it.

Any alternate help would still be appreciated.
Ask a new question

Read More

Homebuilt TV Computer HDMI Systems