Closed Solved

Is disabling AMD C1E and Cool&Quite is ok ?

Hi,

I have a basic question which I hope you don't mind answering: (I did google for it but not really satisfied with search results thats why asking here)

I have X6 1090T and I overclocked it 3.8GHz with CPU-NB @ 2.4GHz. I was playing Crysis (original-2007 one, 64bit, DX10) with everything max and 4xAA; was getting good 40+ FPS but then suddenly 2-days ago I started getting frame drops which even went to 1-FPS and then game opens Menu. Resume game and with-in seconds it again drops to 1 or 2 FPS.

Then yesterday I tried disabling AMD C1E and Cool&Quite and my FPS issue gone. Now my confusion is:

-- Is disabling AMD C1E and Cool&Quite is fine ? My understanding is: Cool&Quite is to reduce CPU multiplier if its idle but C1E protects CPU. So is it save to disable both of them ?

Thanks in advance.

P.S. My system spec is in signature.
10 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about disabling cool quite
  1. Best answer
    Yes its safe as long as you have checked you maximum temps. C&Q can cause crashes on overclocked systems, I found games crashed when I was not doing anything for more than 30 seconds.
  2. Thanks for quick reply.

My Max temperature under Prime95 is 59C to 61C after some hours which I think is safe ? Obviously this is touching that much during Prime95 only. Going up-to 48C during gaming.

And what about C1E ? What it does differently than C&Q ?
  3. Ooops just posting this to display my signature. As system specs is not present in first post :(
  4. vlad-miami said:
    Yes, it's absolutely safe. But you are gonna become hot and loud :D lol

Thanks for reply; I am not worried about it now.

For temperature I haven't noticed much difference even when idle thus fans are not making too much noise. Altough I think power consumption will remain maximum for CPU.

Although I am still looking for some differences between C&Q and C1E.
  5. ddr3 1600 is not recommended for your CPU and it could shorten its lifespan or even damage some cores.
    I do know though that many overclockers were lucky so far, and therefore will disagree.
  6. You are right in some extent but I also overclocked CPU-NB thus in my opinion by doing this we are also increasing IMC from default 1333MHz to some higher value, right ?

Also I never heard any thing about some actually damaged his CPU by using high speed DDR3.
  7. If stable not to worry , I alway's use my ram value + ramsink 1333 oced to 1600 everyday .. With raise vdim just litte not too much 1.58v - 1.62v. Fine and fine to Now
    , For C1E indentically with cool n quite (in my mobo called PowerNow) you can try test disabled and enabled and what different for stabillity your system. if your oced more than 30% (4Ghz) and vcore over 1.45 - 1.55 above ... I think better in disabled. If still. Not different disabled/enabled C1E in midle OC ..
  8. Thank you all for clearing my doubts. I will for now keep them disabled and see if everything is well else will try enabling and disabling them one by one.
  9. Best answer selected by fslateef.
  10. This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs AMD FPS