Solved

Sapphire hd 6870 on furmark

ei guys... im back...

just wanna know your thoughts about this...

run furmark for testing my sapphire hd 6870 at stock speed and cooler....

and this is what i got

for 10 mins.... my gpu temp was 91c on average....

is that fine or.....?

tnx in advance.....^^V
8 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about sapphire 6870 furmark
  1. up!....

need some comments here pls^^v

i just wanna know....

tnx in advance
  2. Best answer
    That's on the very hot side. It's not dangerous in the short term, but it will shorten the life of your card. Check out this topic:

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/forum2.php?config=tomshardwareus.inc&cat=33&post=311386&page=1&p=1&sondage=0&owntopic=1&trash=0&trash_post=0&print=0&numreponse=0"e_only=0&new=0&nojs=0

I have given some instructions on how to bring a reference 6870 down to about 75 degrees, and that's with an overclock of 950/1100 simply by using MSI Afterburner and setting a custom fan profile.
  3. also try cleaning it from dust ...
  4. Furmark basically stresses your video card to it's maximum and is beyond what any game can do. It is designed for short period usage only to test for stability. I would not worry about 91c using Furmark.
  5. I beg to differ, I've been monitoring my GPU usage and I hit 99% constantly with close to full memory usage. So Furmark is actually a perfect way to test temps.
  6. thanks for all the response, appreciate it...

btw... i'll try setting the fan speed manually.... and see what would happen^^v...

thanks again....
  7. No problem, glad to help, that's what we're here for. Let us know your results.
  8. Best answer selected by tiburshok.
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Sapphire HD Graphics