A phew months ago i built my self my first pc and since then ive decided to sell my graphic card and get something a bit more
powerfull. atm i have a gtx46 superoverclock with a factory overclock of 815 core. Im hopeing you guys can give me advice on what to get my budget is £225 i dont want to go above that, i wont the best performance for that money. I have a 600watt psu atm so that should be suffient. if u give me links uk currency ones onlly please. Thanks
APPROXIMATE PURCHASE DATE: not sure maybe a week or two or a month
USAGE FROM MOST TO LEAST IMPORTANT: Gamiing at 1920x1080 on a 32inch screen, watching movies and regular computer stuff.
ebuyer has the GTX560 and AMD 6950 in your proposed budget. modest upgrades but your CPU is also a bottleneck for even the GTX460 so even with those cards I would not hold your breathe on max settings for all games.
Honestly you'd be better off getting an SLI board and adding a second 460. It would certainly smooth out your FPS at 1080p. Well, if you're going for a single card then a 6950 would be the way to go. If you're lucky, you can flash it to a 6970. You may also want to overclock your CPU a bit more so as not to limit your new GPU. Of course, you may need to loose that 4th core to get a higher overclock, but most games don't see much benefit past 3 cores (yet) and the extra clock speed would certainly help
Thanks for the replys guys,
Would a gtx560 make much of a difference since the gtx460 i have is a super clock and is suposed to have beter performance then a stock gtx470 and yah i can over clock my cpu more. i have a aftermarket cooler on it its a cooler master something forgot sorry. If i drop down to 3 cores it gets a 20c idle and 35c full load . So ill be able to over clock much higher . also i heard u cant flash the bios on a 6950 alot of ppl have had artifacts apearing after a week. Is a 6950 more power full then a gtx560?
I cant go for a sli since that will blow me off my budget since i intend to sell off my gtx460 after i get a new graphic card.
thx guys looking forward to more replys
Wont a 6990 be waaay out of my budget when its out? i was thinking about geting the 6950 and unlocking the stream processors. is it best to wait? because if theres a 6990 coming out soon there will be a price drop on the other cards? Thx