BukToof

Distinguished
May 25, 2011
Hello,

I'm currently building a PC from scratch and had an idea on lighting the interior of the case. I thought it would be cool to have a PC lighting solution which allowed you to chance the color of the lights within the case from a some control panel, physical or on screen. Perhaps even having the lights cycle automatically between colors would be nice.

Is there such a device or solution on the market currently?

Thanks

I have just completed a mod for my niece which has a custom lighting system. There are any number of ways to do this. What I did was order a 3 toggle switch panel (3 way 12V toggles) which I installed into a spare 3 1/2" bay cover. On one switch I put two red cold cathodes. One the next switch I put a pair of UV cathodes. On the 3 rd switch I put a UV sunlight stick. My niece has the option of running just one o0r any combination of the 3. In addition, I installed a NXZT sleeved LED kit for ambient lighting, but I used the PCI switch panel it came with, as it has 3 different levels of illumination.

There are a few fans I know of that one can control the color of or just have it cycle. There's a couple of sites I'll give you to get some ideas.

www.frozencpu.com- great place to find one of a kind items.

Here's a look at switches. Also I imagine fan controllers would work as well for adjusting lighting:
http://www.frozencpu.com/cat/l1/g52/Switches.html?id=axmBqtXC

A word about switches, momentary switches are like the reset button. Latching switches are like the power button. You'll probably want to look at toggle or military style.

Xoxide.com- good prices and fair shipping.
One of the few sites where you can search for mods by color.